Oregon Inlet NC Surf Fishing and Camping (and a quick preview)

wlfmachine

Normally myself and a bunch of other guys head out to Cape Lookout in October, but this year we decided to head to Oregon Inlet instead, on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. It was my first time out there, and conditions were questionable, but the four day trip turned out great, and I put together this video for it:

This trip further convinced me that for beach camping, you will enjoy the time best if your vehicle is configured to be able to sleep inside it in case of bad conditions. The second night there were violent thunder storms and wind up to 50 MPH, and a lot of the guys sleeping in tents had everything drenched in the morning. They stayed for the day to fish but another night camping was out of the question. But having slept in our trucks, my brother and I were able to stay out there and the last day was the nicest.

I love my roof top tent and I sleep best in it, but its really nice to have other options when the wind gets bad. Thoughts?

Hope y'all enjoy the videos! I also went out to Wyoming to hunt a few weeks ago, and I have a ton of footage I am editing now, but I threw together this quick preview of that time to get people excited:

I'll post those videos later as they are released!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles