Our Kingdom Camping Trailer Build

Treefarmer

Sigh. Why are RV's always around that height?
Our last RV, a big New Horizons 5th wheel, had 8 foot ceilings in some spots. When you add them up, we have over 9 inches of insulation in the floor and ceiling combined in this trailer. If we were willing to compromise on insulation and were willing to go over 10 feet in height, we could easily have done higher ceilings, but we didn't need or want more head space.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Sigh. Why are RV's always around that height?
I assume your tall? I am 6 "2 in a 76" trailer. Nothing including shower comes any lower. I feel like there is plenty of room. Not sure why one would go any taller. Just adds that height which causes issues like lower gas mileage, sway and being top heavy off roading

I know you guys have a knarly truck to tow your Kingdom. I believe you have mentioned that you don't use a wdh or sway bar and I have always heard they don't work with articulating hitches.

I believe I have seen vids of folks using sway bars with thier macHitches.

I am changing tow vehicles and for highway only use I would like to have Bulletproof sway bar ball mount system. It has just one bar that I will leave unattached when off road , backing up and when not on 60mph highways.

Any guess on if my ARK articulating hitch or a MaChitch would work.

Raspy??

Raspy

The telescoping bar type of sway bar is fine with McHitch. But it will have to be disconnected for off-road use simply because the articulation may be more than the sway bar can accommodate. When they say to disconnect them while backing up, i think they are assuming a jackknife that might damage the bar. These simply mount on two 1" ball mounts, one on the truck and one on the trailer tongue, and are held on with a clip at each end. You could also go with an electronic sway controller if you are getting a lot of repetitive swinging motion in the trailer. I like the simplicity of the bar type that simply adds enough friction to damp out the sway. The electronic ones work by noticing repetitive motion and applying the brakes on one side or the other to stop it. I have no experience with these, but they do work. However, They might not work with electric over hydraulic disk brakes, because of the one second delay in braking. I don't know.

The telescoping bar type of sway bar is fine with McHitch. But it will have to be disconnected for off-road use simply because the articulation may be more than the sway bar can accommodate. When they say to disconnect them while backing up, i think they are assuming a jackknife that might damage the bar. These simply mount on two 1" ball mounts, one on the truck and one on the trailer tongue, and are held on with a clip at each end. You could also go with an electronic sway controller if you are getting a lot of repetitive swinging motion in the trailer. I like the simplicity of the bar type that simply adds enough friction to damp out the sway. The electronic ones work by noticing repetitive motion and applying the brakes on one side or the other to stop it. I have no experience with these, but they do work. However, They might not work with electric over hydraulic disk brakes, because of the one second delay in braking. I don't know.
Thank you sir. I may try the bullet proof hitch with my ARK and only attach it when I am on freeway at high speed. I may also reach out on a possible Mchitch install. My ARK slides into a 2" receiver tube that is welded to triangle plate on toung. Could a mchitch mount work?

Raspy

Thank you sir. I may try the bullet proof hitch with my ARK and only attach it when I am on freeway at high speed. I may also reach out on a possible Mchitch install. My ARK slides into a 2" receiver tube that is welded to triangle plate on toung. Could a mchitch mount work?
If you have the conventional American style triangle tongue with integrated ball and jack mount, it will require modification to allow the 2 1/8" X 7 1/4" rectangular Australian hitch bolt pattern. A plate is usually welded on top of the tongue to bolt the hitch to. Typically, it also requires relocating the jack if the jack is part of the tongue ball mount. We also have adapters for the Xplore X22 style tongue. I wish it was simpler. Once done, it will probably also allow the tailgate to open while connected to the trailer. American trailers tend to have tongues that are too short for my liking, and so many of them have the jack, the propane and the battery all taking up any available room. It is a low cost setup, but too short and crowded, and the rear of the truck can hit the trailer body when backing.

Any updates on this trailer? I'm genuinely curious about it now, although it might be too much to tow with an F-150.

I know Treefarmers have a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck and are living full-time in thier Kindom. Due to this and with thier experience of living in a 5th wheel for years they were not considered about weight. My guess is Jamin might be able to shave enough weight off a build for you that would be lighter. Light enough for a 1/2 ton I am not sure on that.

rehammer81

I know Treefarmers have a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck and are living full-time in thier Kindom. Due to this and with thier experience of living in a 5th wheel for years they were not considered about weight. My guess is Jamin might be able to shave enough weight off a build for you that would be lighter. Light enough for a 1/2 ton I am not sure on that.
Reduced battery bank. Reduced solar. Smaller water tank then Treefarmer's 100 gallons and you could shave several hundred pounds off at full load out. Still going to be a load for an F-150 as a bumper pull. Just because the tow rating says you could doesn't necessarily mean you should. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

jmnielsen

Tinkerer
Wow, impressive build! I want to build something like this someday, but at least now I know about Kingdom Campers and can have them build it for me if I want!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior