Our Kingdom Camping Trailer Build

Louisd75

Adventurer
Thanks for the KK paper. I think the ATX is deigned to be driven at a lower height when on the pavement and then raised up as needed when travelling of road. So you should have no problem operating it that way.

According to whom? The manual or tech support? ? I know it's my plan but I haven't seen CM discuss this in any of their videos, I'm just going off what I've been able to learn off of the GoodYear/Firestone websites regarding airbag piston design. If you want a rabbit hole to fall into... :)

Treefarmer

We've almost reached the top! Most of the interior is complete and the next major work will be the "no maintenance" roof sealant, solar array mounting rack, solar panels, and 12v AC unit. The plan remains to reach Millersburg, Indiana in16 days from now to take delivery.

Here are two interior photos. The first is the kitchen (driver) side of the trailer and the second is the dining (passenger) side of the trailer. The goal has always been to maximize the common area space between the bathroom door and the foot of the bed and between the kitchen side and dining side of the trailer. That core living space at the center of the trailer needs to be voluminous enough to accommodate two dogs and two adults working on computers, hanging out, eating meals, and maneuvering around each other as easily as possible.

To do this we skipped the fixed in place dinette set up and went with a flip up bar table (made of the same solid surface material as the kitchen counter top) instead. We eliminate an extra sleeping area (not a problem for us) but we pick up a lot of space between the walls. We'll use two really high quality folding chairs that will do double duty inside and outside as needed. Those chairs should also be a lot easier/cheaper to replace/upgrade than a dinette setup. We also maximize space by using a sliding "barn door" style door for the bathroom.

IMG_4480.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

Many more pictures and much more information here:

rehammer81

With some thought and basic mechanical engineering, a small folding bunk setup or bench seating could be designed for those that need/want those types of features in that space. I'm thinking a bottom bunk/bench that folds down and then a wide bar top/bunk that folds up. They overlap each other when both are folded into the wall. Not the most luxurious sleeping arrangement but children usually don't mind.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Treefarmer

With some thought and basic mechanical engineering, a small folding bunk setup or bench seating could be designed for those that need/want those types of features in that space. I'm thinking a bottom bunk/bench that folds down and then a wide bar top/bunk that folds up. They overlap each other when both are folded into the wall. Not the most luxurious sleeping arrangement but children usually don't mind.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
A good thing about the aluminum framing is that you have a lot of options for fastening heavier items. The space in this trailer is really flexible. You can design the central area the way we did, build a dinette, design a folding bunk bed or benches, etc.. You aren't forced into just one design like a lot of other trailers out there.

Treefarmer

OK, we're getting about ready to move into this thing already. It hasn't been that long since we first started with the specs and Kingdom Camping started building, but after a while, all this "talk" is enough! We're ten days and 2,000 miles away from moving in.

The big, beefy front storage box is ready for action and the pinstripe protection cladding is going on.
IMG_5288.jpg

The solar components and residential breaker box have been neatly installed in the passthrough basement. I really like the thick compartment doors with high quality hinges and weather stripping. That should really help to keep the cold and the dust out.
IMG_5014.jpg

RVino Blog

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

It's absolutely mind blowing to me how fast Kingdom has built the trailer for your guys. Of course a lot of it has to do with your design and knowledge on everything single raw material involved. But with that's said it took ROA and IO three years to do what you and Kindom have done it what four months.

Anyone out thier that needs a insulated unit in this off road space Xplore 195 and Roamer 1 are not the only options.

Also don't let Kingdoms zip code (Elkhart) scare you. They don't fit the mold.

Last edited:

Treefarmer

It's absolutely mind blowing to me how fast Kingdom has built the trailer for your guys. Of course a lot of it has to do with your design and knowledge on everything single raw material involved. But with that's said it took ROA and IO three years to do what you and Kindom have done it what four months.

Anyone out thier that needs a insulated unit in this off road space Xplore 195 and Roamer 1 are not the only options.

Also don't let Kingdoms zip code (Elkhart) scare you. They don't fit the mold.
It turned out even better than the photos and the specs on paper. It's a little bigger than the X195 and R1, but it's also $60k less with the same options. Pretty good deal!

Treefarmer

Ok @Treefarmer, did you pick up that zombie-apocalypse rv today or what? Let's see the walk-through already!
I think Jamin recorded one for Facebook. We'll get more up later. We've had some really long days for the last week and have seven more ahead of us before we get back home. I forgot how bad I70 in Colorado is (and the roads in Illinois). An offroad trailer is about the only thing that can take that abuse. Offroad is a piece of cake compared to the highways. Jamin said your frame is being galvanized now and he should have your trailer ready in three or four weeks.

NomadNorman

I think Jamin recorded one for Facebook. We'll get more up later. We've had some really long days for the last week and have seven more ahead of us before we get back home. I forgot how bad I70 in Colorado is (and the roads in Illinois). An offroad trailer is about the only thing that can take that abuse. Offroad is a piece of cake compared to the highways. Jamin said your frame is being galvanized now and he should have your trailer ready in three or four weeks.
Enjoy your new home!

Treefarmer

We are battening down the hatches for a few days of nasty weather before heading back to Idaho next week. We are moved into the new trailer and learning how to work happily with the reduced space!

One thing that turned out better than we expected was skipping all the decals in favor of laser cut Kingdom Camping badging throughout. Jamin took the tan color of the ATX suspension and used it as the highlight color behind the badging along the top solar panel rack. Much more discreet than fancy graphics and it suits us much better. We're extremely happy with this investment.
1681595411610.png

1681595460614.png

1681595528122.png

DSCN0864.JPG

RVino Blog

Attachments

• 1681595379546.png
    1681595379546.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 16

Treefarmer

We've been living with some variable weather for the past few days in Indiana, so we have some initial thoughts. The box has such thick walls/floor/roof that it doesn't take much for the 12v AC to keep it cool. The envelope is also very airtight.

The best test was the cool weather. We went from 82 degrees and humid to 32 degrees, with gusty winds up to 35 mph, and some snow and ice. When we went to bed, the interior temperature was 71 degrees. This morning, the interior temperature was 60 degrees. It's warmed up to 33 degrees outside and we're sitting inside at 63 degrees now. It's not bitterly cold, but we haven't had to use the Truma yet (other than to test it). It's just the warmth generated by two adults, two big dogs, and a 12v refrigerator.

The nice Indiana sunrise on our last warm, humid day.
DSCN0866.JPG

One day later and it's 50 degrees colder, windy and wet.
DSCN0874.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94