Outlander Trailer Sherpa II project...Dial-up beware!

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Update pics of the junction boxes...

All,

I just received some pics of the upgraded junction boxes / switches from Robert this morning. :wings:

The re-wiring is done and the table / sink frames will be completed by the end of the week. :coffee: It is hard to wait for the things to be done...

JonKim034.jpg

Junction boxes are sealed in addition to the switches...

JonKim033.jpg

Here is the pic of the upgraded LED galley light / junction box / weatherproof toggle switch...

JonKim035.jpg

Still waiting on the ProComp 7028s...Got the internal beads though from Dyna beads...More pics to come as I get them. Coming together rather nicely I would say...:)

Regards,

BWJ

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Looks great Doc....

You keep this up your going to have to run a special on crowns:ylsmoke:

There sure do nice work over there. I would imagine you're like everyone else and chompin at the bit for a taste of spring!! Anxious to see the Procomps on the TV and trailer.

Enjoy,

Pat

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Doing my part...

Titanpat57,

Thanks for the kind words! Just doing my part to stimulate the economy, Hah...:drool: No crowns here, just root canals only. I'm much better doing a root canal versus fabbing up a trailer!

Regards,

BWJ

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Pics of the Sherpa upgrades...

All,

Just got back from a backcountry adventure with my son :safari-rig:. It was a blast! The upgrades to the Sherpa are top-notch. The galley lights are much brighter, and I really like the way the junction boxes / switches are set up. Here are some pics of our adventure...Look ma, no driveway pics! :wings:

Farm1.jpg

The table and sink are what I consider 'money in the bank'. The table weighs in at a cool and wispy 15 pounds...Not bad for an all wood table. Still working on getting a custom made cover for this. If any of you know of a good seamstress in the KC area, I'm all ears...This is the first production table and sink from Outlander. Robert did a fine job as usual...Very pleased with the results...

Table.jpg

Tablemount2.jpg

Close up of the table mounting system...

Tablemount.jpg

Here are some images of the sink. Honestly, I did not think that the sink was going to be this nice! Currently using a 5 gallon bucket for the water...Used biodegradable soap and snuffed out the campfire with the water...

Sink3.jpg

Sink1.jpg

Notice the improvised towel 'rack' in the last pic. The sink is too nice to drill a towel rack into it. Besides, to make it match, I would have to go with a $25 'brushed nickel' towel rack...NO THANKS!

Anyway, enjoy! All I have to add onto my Sherpa now is miles and memories!

Regards,

BWJ

huskyfargo

Adventurer
That thing is niiiiiice! I got to see the add-ons in production a couple weeks ago while I was down there to discuss a few mods for my Sherpa II. Robert builds some amazing stuff!:victory:

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
Does Outlander still ahve a website? Tried to track it down but no luck. Very nice trailer by the way. You'll enjoy it for quite a while I'm sure.

Mike

traveler57

Observer
battery life

Hey BWJ, Excellent looking rig, and the upgrades you did are really good ones. Yes, Robert is keeping his reputation as a top-notch builder.

Can you tell us about your battery life at bit. Both when you had one battery and now when you have 2? Yes, I know it will "depend" on what you have on and off and for how long.

But just getting some info back from real users would be great. I am guessing that you will have the same things "turned on and off" about the same as I would on a weekend trip.

thanks. Dan

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Does Outlander still ahve a website? Tried to track it down but no luck. Very nice trailer by the way. You'll enjoy it for quite a while I'm sure.

Mike

His website has been down for awhile...He has been wrangling with his web host on this.

He can be reached at (501) 681-4573. Give him a call.

Can you tell us about your battery life at bit. Both when you had one battery and now when you have 2?...

thanks. Dan

My backcountry adventures consisted of 2 nights max on the 1 battery system. With my CPAP going (16 hours total) and the Engel 45 running (1.5 setting), I never ran into any problems.

I can tell you that my newer CPAP machine is an quite the 'energy' hog compared to the older one, albeit it is half the size. The older one draws a maximum of 3.0 A, while the newer one draws 5.0 A. Given that, I chose to upgrade to the 2 battery system. I also purchased a Yamaha 2000 series generator for going out in the boonies...Believe me you WANT my CPAP working...

I cannot provide you with specifics as of yet with the 2 battery system due to it being so early in the year. As soon as I get some information, I will provide it for you.

Thanks for the kind words all!

Regards,

BWJ

traveler57

Observer
CPAP machine?

Hey thanks for the info. it is a starting place. and it sounds like the Optima 55ah did great. but yes, I would agree that more is better.

And are you charging the trailer battery through your tow harness? if so, can you get an idea of how well this does on the recharge?

So..... you think I should actually bring my own CPAP machine with me on the weekend camping trips? Wow, maybe that is why all my camp neighbors look so tired in the morning.....

I just know that I don't hear a single thing at night and sleep like a baby!!!

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
New wheels and sticker schwag...

Got new wheels and put on the ExPo sticker schwag a few weeks ago...I like the blacked out look better.

Profile.jpg

Profile3.jpg

Profile2.jpg

Don't worry Dave, the Trasharoo is at the shop getting a patch sewn onto it...

With the Pro Comp 7028s differing from my Toyota factory tri-spokes in backspacing, the old wheel lock no longer fit :mad:. I didn't think that 1/8" of backspacing would be an issue, but it was...So off to the trailer place once again. Truck, Trailer and Hitch of K.C. fabbed up a new wheel lock for me as well as a spare wheel lock. Matching puck locks THAT ARE KEYED THE SAME!...R.C. is the man to talk to there. He will take care of all of your trailer needs. Thanks R.C.!

Sparelock4.jpg

**The tab is intentionally extended out from the wheel so that the lock will not 'clank' and damage the powder coated wheel...I also lined the back of the lock with some rubber mat material for a cushion just in case...**

Sparelock.jpg

Sparelock2.jpg

Anyway, enjoy the pics!

Regards,

BWJ

huskyfargo

Adventurer
Let me know what your mods are going to be...Perhaps there needs to be an Outlander support group?!...:p

I have a Weber Q grill that I'm going to have him mount on a swivel so it will store over my tongue box, and then rotate around next to my kitchen box. I also need to get some kind of mount for the new-to-me sand ladders my dad gave me. I also ordered an RTT, changing room, and an awning to put on the trailer.
Yes, we definitely need a support group!

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
You are in good hands...

Husky,

One thing that I have learned through this process is that Robert will be able to find a solution for you. I bugged this man for several years asking and bumping ideas off of him. Occasionally, he did say 'let me think about this for awhile...', however, he would come up with a great solution always. The sky is the limit with Outlander Trailers...

Looks like you are knee deep in a build with him. Be patient, and he will get it done for you. I know this for a fact! :wings:

Regards,

BWJ

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior