Overland Expo West, 2014

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Agreed. I was really excited by the Jeep and Dodge (Ram) stuff there, but was kind of put off by the indifferent attitudes of the people staffing their booth etc - they were NOT enthusiasts or knowledgeable about the product line or the history and seemed to be counting the minutes each day until they could clock out and leave.

That aside, we had a GREAT time at expo - AGAIN - and we'll be back in force next year! :cool:

I took the LR test drive and was really impressed with them - they put together an amazing course, had plenty of great vehicles to choose from, and had a deep pool of LR trainers that really knew their stuff and their product.

I was really excited to try the new Power Wagon out, and in fact signed up twice - for a number of reasons the test drive never happened... Dodge/Jeep just came of looking really incompetent and unprepared compared to the polished Land Rover presence.

If Dodge wants to stack up favorably against the best-in-the-business, they need to work a lot harder at this.

motrhed

Observer
I took the LR test drive and was really impressed with them - they put together an amazing course, had plenty of great vehicles to choose from, and had a deep pool of LR trainers that really knew their stuff and their product.

I was really excited to try the new Power Wagon out, and in fact signed up twice - for a number of reasons the test drive never happened... Dodge/Jeep just came of looking really incompetent and unprepared compared to the polished Land Rover presence.

If Dodge wants to stack up favorably against the best-in-the-business, they need to work a lot harder at this.

I couldn't agree more!
We took a LR Range Rover out on their awesome course and was amazed at it's abilities and level of refinement. The LR rep was very knowledgable of the product and also had a humorous personality, the same can't be said of the rep in the Power Wagon we drove.
The "off-road" terrain that we were able to "test" the Power Wagon on was a joke... I deal with much worse terrain daily at work. Their rep had no training on how or when the sway bar disconnect worked (the indicator lamp just flashed) and then to say that the winch is controlled through the in-dash touch screen, laughable! The tires were also as hard as hockey pucks... sorry that's Canadian for too much air pressure ;-) , so the ride was pretty harsh - not the way to feature a product!! MY RANT IS DONE!

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I couldn't agree more!
We took a LR Range Rover out on their awesome course and was amazed at it's abilities and level of refinement. The LR rep was very knowledgable of the product and also had a humorous personality, the same can't be said of the rep in the Power Wagon we drove.
The "off-road" terrain that we were able to "test" the Power Wagon on was a joke... I deal with much worse terrain daily at work. Their rep had no training on how or when the sway bar disconnect worked (the indicator lamp just flashed) and then to say that the winch is controlled through the in-dash touch screen, laughable! The tires were also as hard as hockey pucks... sorry that's Canadian for too much air pressure ;-) , so the ride was pretty harsh - not the way to feature a product!! MY RANT IS DONE!

Classic case of bringing a knife to a gun fight. I'm sure that their approach works okay for shopping malls, but Expo is a tougher crowd.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
If you wanna rant about vendors, what was up with those pushy time share sales girls? What the hell was that about? But ya I agree about the Dodge folks too.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
If you wanna rant about vendors, what was up with those pushy time share sales girls? What the hell was that about?

You won't see them again. They got vendor space through a series of miscommunications, and we did not realize until the show how inappropriate their pitch was. Our apologies.

As to Ram reps who don't know how to work a sway-bar disconnect and think the winch is controlled through the touch-screen, well, words fail, but I'll pass it on.

justcuz

Explorer
When you get them retrained and properly attired, consider renting them out for camp assistants.
You could advertise trips with everything you need minus vehicle.
Maps, food, camping gear with trained assistant. Fully trained in all phases of the genre. Cooking, guide, ems trained, gps, morse code and mirror signaling.
Time shares...Pffft!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles