Overland Expo West 2015

XVENTURE TRAILERS

Supporting Sponsor - XVENTURE Trailers
If we go full-size, then the VMI Alpine. I'm worried that the size will hold us back too much, though, and it's too big to be hauled by a wrangler. The fallback is going to be an XVenture. But I think the wife is set on the Alpine. We'll have to talk with Mike to get a cost for what we want and then go from there I guess.

Go XVENTURE, just sayin' : )

OCD Overland

Explorer
Thank you. What about XV don't you like?

I'm sure I could nitpick if I put some thought into it, but for a trailer/RTT combination we liked your product the best. The question for us is if we want a trailer that we can live in vs around - the larger VMI's are best described as off-road airstreams, imo, and the idea of that makes my wife very happy. As always, it's just a question of how limiting something that large will be. Plus I have to get used to the idea of driving a full-size pickup as my daily driver, since we aren't going to want to have a dedicated tow vehicle.

Judoka

Learning To Live
I'm sure I could nitpick if I put some thought into it, but for a trailer/RTT combination we liked your product the best. The question for us is if we want a trailer that we can live in vs around - the larger VMI's are best described as off-road airstreams, imo, and the idea of that makes my wife very happy. As always, it's just a question of how limiting something that large will be. Plus I have to get used to the idea of driving a full-size pickup as my daily driver, since we aren't going to want to have a dedicated tow vehicle.

Just get a Power Wagon...or even a Ram Rebel and you wont be disappointed. Of course then new possibilities can be considered like Flippac or Four Wheel Camper or...
For me a nice utility camper shell with side opening windows was perfect to build upon, and I can still tow any trailer up to 10,000 lbs.

orangeTJ

Explorer
It's a 1970. Spent a week in that cool rig a few weeks ago in Baja. License plate is 3DR4X. Owner is 1leglance here on Expo.

Those 3 door Suburbans are really cool. I see one on the road once in a while.

I can assume they were designed that way for the same reason full size trucks with the suicide door on the extended cabs only had "3" doors - the rear door originally only existed on the passenger side. The engineers must have surmised that passengers should exit the "passenger side" when parallel parked. I had a 1996 K1500 Chevy with the 3rd door. My brothers 2000 was the same way. I think in 2001 Chevy made them with 4 doors on the extended cab (still suicide doors).
Suicide doors are gone as of the 2014 1500 series and 2015 HD series in GM trucks. The extended cab is now called something other than extended cab and has normal opening doors, but they are smaller than the doors (and rear seat are too) than on the CREW CAB trucks.

Last edited:

jamestkirk

Looking for 1 camping/general admission ticket if someone needs to sell...Thanks Everybody, hopefully see you there!

-Kirk Out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles