Overland trailer with ATV Storage

Mike37573

Hello - does anyone know of a thread on this site or have any images of an overland trailer design that allows an integration of an ATV? Have seen the lil guy option and a couple of others, but what I am envisioning is something of the M416 size that allows a ATV to be brought along either on top, or loaded crosswise on top or in front of the box...or maybe no box at all just a frame that allows a RRT to be mounted above a loaded ATV...just some thoughts and would like to see what others have come up with.

Thanks

Mike

Septu

Explorer
I've seen pics of one where it was a flat deck, with an RTT on bars above it. Was designed for an ATV to fit under the RTT. Will see if I can find it.

Edit, couldn't find it. The one I'm thinking of, had pictures (in the thread) of the trailer, but I don't think the thread was about that trailer. It was towed by a truck (blue?) and had the RTT. The picture was in someone else's thread. It was likely a jeep (I only look at the jeep section and the trailer section). I can't remember if the jeep was towing anything, or the jeep was jeeping, and the truck had the trailer with the RTT to tow his quad out to hit the trails. So it might be in the jeep section. Maybe this will jog someone's mind who knows what the thread was called.

This wasn't much of an overland design - in the sense that the trailer held anything other than the RTT and quad.

Last edited:

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
ive seen some pop up campers that have ATV storage in front, do a spring over on the trailer, bigger tires, and there you go.

daninghram

Adventurer
I've seen pics of one where it was a flat deck, with an RTT on bars above it. Was designed for an ATV to fit under the RTT. Will see if I can find it.

Edit, couldn't find it. The one I'm thinking of, had pictures (in the thread) of the trailer, but I don't think the thread was about that trailer. It was towed by a truck (blue?) and had the RTT. The picture was in someone else's thread. It was likely a jeep (I only look at the jeep section and the trailer section). I can't remember if the jeep was towing anything, or the jeep was jeeping, and the truck had the trailer with the RTT to tow his quad out to hit the trails. So it might be in the jeep section. Maybe this will jog someone's mind who knows what the thread was called.

This wasn't much of an overland design - in the sense that the trailer held anything other than the RTT and quad.
This one?
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...eph-s-quot-Sky-Loft-quot-RTT-Toy-Hauler-build

grimbo

Explorer
Have a look at some of the Australian camper trailers, few of them carry them on top on what others use as boat racks or on the extended drawbar

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Would be a pretty heavy trailer. But otherwise those look bad ***.

i think it would depend on what it was and what you haul in it. some are steel, some aluminum and some are fiberglass. i dont see how it would be much heavier as some of these tent trailers or some these expo trailers. especially if you lose thhat heavy frame under it fab one from tube steel, with horse power of most vehicles a few 100 pounds isnt going to make much difference. imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior