Overlandia: Adventure Journal's look at overland travel

Scott Brady

Founder
Steve Casimiro and Sinuhe Xavier have been doing a nice job with their Overlandia concept, curating some beautiful images and inspirational stories.

Overlandia.mx (image curation)
tumblr_maxldfOHvc1r3ty84o1_1280.jpg

Adventure Journal: Overlandia content and articles
art-03.jpg

Dear Overlandia friend,

Don’t be alarmed, these are just “words.” I know we don’t use them often around here, but they’re mighty good at communicating. And what I wanted to communicate to you today is a little bit more about Overlandia — the concept, not just the Tumblr.

In addition to being fairly obsessive about off-road driving and getting to remote corners of the world in my Syncro, my day job is running a website called Adventure Journal. Until now, there’s been no direct connection between AJ and Overlandia, but that changes today with the launch of a new weekly column called…um, Overlandia.

Overlandia the column puts into words the adventures, excursions, mishaps, and journeys that you see represented here in this Tumblr. It is, as I write in the inaugural column, the “art, science, and romance of driving in the dirt.” If you like what you find here, I promise you’ll like what you find there. You also might like the rest of Adventure Journal, too.

And that’s just about enough of the words. Here’s the link to Overlandia #01: http://adv-jour.nl/Rw4jP2

Enjoy,

Steve Casimiro

Note: We have no commercial association with Adventure Journal or the overlandia concept. I am just enjoying the work they are doing.

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
Wow, thanks for the great links. I really like some of the shots in the image curation section.

Scott Brady

Founder
Steve Casimiro just completed an interesting op-ed on driving in the dirt. http://www.adventure-journal.com/2012/12/overlandia-i-drive-get-over-it/

When we first started attending the Outdoor Retailer show, we felt like persona-non-gratta. Now that seven years has past, many of the companies are our advertisers and friends. This is not a testament to our tallent at all, but to the members of the overland community, who have proven to be not only stewards of the wild places, but also exceptional advocates for environmentally responsible, vehicle-based exploration.

Sirocco

Explorer
I love the Adventure Journal :)

In the photo collection there is a pic of my friends old LR 90 stuck in a bog in Wales. Pretty shocked to see that there! Some great pics though.

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste