OVRLND CAMPERS ONLY : Post your OVRLND Camper build here or a link to your build thread to inspire others!

dstefan

My wife and I tend to read in bed each night and have found wired lights at the very top/front of the bed to be really useful. We’re using 4 battery LED puck lights velcro’d to the push bars for mid and tailgate end lighting. I may wire some ceiling lights there later.

I think I posted this previously, but too lazy to go back, so here you go
1659389069456.jpeg

The nice thing with these is that they rotate in the clips, so are quite aimable to target the light where you want it. I also put a couple at rear with some orange photo gel for bug lights. And have one on velcro I can run out to connect under my rear awning.

jagarcia89

Just picked up my camper Tuesday 12th, spent 2 nights getting familiar with the camper. I absolutely love this thing! Couple questions for the group: Has anyone applied RV roof coating to the outside top of the roof for heat reduction? How about a futon for a mattress, any experience? I don't plan a big build-out, some minimal storage ideas that I'll share once done.
I plan on painting the roof with a silicon solar reflective paint. I did it on my ambulance build which was similar construction (aluminum skin over aluminum tube) and it made a huge difference. Plus it provides some extra sealant for any through roof accessories like fans and solar ports

ns7i

It's been a mad dash to get the camper ready for some of our bigger camping trips of the year. I rushed to get things in a pretty solid state for a trip we planned to Rocky Mountain National Park this past weekend. This meant a 2nd bed for the kids/dogs (we're crazy trying to fit 2 adults, 2 toddlers, and 2 dogs in this thing). It meant wrapping up the unfinished storage benches, and getting the electrical in a place where it could work for the weekend. I'm pretty excited by the progress and pretty happy with how things have turned out.

Juni4Esh.jpg

HOLt5Hsh.jpg

Le8UIfxh.jpg

zxgr2SJh.jpg

Ush72k8h.jpg

We're going out for 10 days to WY/ID/MT so I'm on the mad dash to stain/poly the lid tops/bed platform, setup solar, and hopefully also get running water going. Also, cushions for the bed platform/benches arrived yesterday from Foam Factory (AKA Foam By Mail). Highly recommend them for mattresses and cushions. Reach out to them if you want something you don't see on the site cuz they can probably make them.

HeyRd

It's been a mad dash to get the camper ready for some of our bigger camping trips of the year. I rushed to get things in a pretty solid state for a trip we planned to Rocky Mountain National Park this past weekend. This meant a 2nd bed for the kids/dogs (we're crazy trying to fit 2 adults, 2 toddlers, and 2 dogs in this thing). It meant wrapping up the unfinished storage benches, and getting the electrical in a place where it could work for the weekend. I'm pretty excited by the progress and pretty happy with how things have turned out.

Juni4Esh.jpg

HOLt5Hsh.jpg

Le8UIfxh.jpg

zxgr2SJh.jpg

Ush72k8h.jpg

We're going out for 10 days to WY/ID/MT so I'm on the mad dash to stain/poly the lid tops/bed platform, setup solar, and hopefully also get running water going. Also, cushions for the bed platform/benches arrived yesterday from Foam Factory (AKA Foam By Mail). Highly recommend them for mattresses and cushions. Reach out to them if you want something you don't see on the site cuz they can probably make them.
Looks great, hoping to build something similar on a much smaller scale (short bed Tacoma) and also have 4 people, two young ones and two small dogs. Where do you store the middle piece that completes the platform or is that always there? I've been brainstorming on something similar and currently the leader in the clubhouse is a lagun table that lowers into the galley to complete the platform.

HeyRd

I plan on painting the roof with a silicon solar reflective paint. I did it on my ambulance build which was similar construction (aluminum skin over aluminum tube) and it made a huge difference. Plus it provides some extra sealant for any through roof accessories like fans and solar ports
Is that paint similar to Lizardskin insulation?

ns7i

Looks great, hoping to build something similar on a much smaller scale (short bed Tacoma) and also have 4 people, two young ones and two small dogs. Where do you store the middle piece that completes the platform or is that always there? I've been brainstorming on something similar and currently the leader in the clubhouse is a lagun table that lowers into the galley to complete the platform.
It fits nicely underneath the mattresses above. Originally I figured we'd leave it up there until bedtime but now I'm more inclined to leave it up there until the weather deteriorates so we need to go inside. I built this as an outside-first camper (think glorified tent) where the only reason to be inside is bad weather or to sleep. With that in mind it makes sense to leave the sleeping arrangements in place. We've got plans for a Lagun table that involve cutting the bed platform in two. It'll be a funny shape with the "puzzle pieces" but it'll be multi functional. Come to think of it I should have cut that piece in two before I beveled, sanded, and stained everything last night.?‍♂️

Oh well, it's these kinds of mistakes that I've come to realize are the little human touches that make it special... or so I tell myself ?

dstefan

Juni4Esh.jpg

HOLt5Hsh.jpg

Le8UIfxh.jpg

zxgr2SJh.jpg

Ush72k8h.jpg

Nicely done!

7000'Tundra

Hi,

What mattresses are you using (anyone else - feel free to chime in with your mattress suggestions)?

It fits nicely underneath the mattresses above. Originally I figured we'd leave it up there until bedtime but now I'm more inclined to leave it up there until the weather deteriorates so we need to go inside. I built this as an outside-first camper (think glorified tent) where the only reason to be inside is bad weather or to sleep. With that in mind it makes sense to leave the sleeping arrangements in place. We've got plans for a Lagun table that involve cutting the bed platform in two. It'll be a funny shape with the "puzzle pieces" but it'll be multi functional. Come to think of it I should have cut that piece in two before I beveled, sanded, and stained everything last night.?‍♂️

Oh well, it's these kinds of mistakes that I've come to realize are the little human touches that make it special... or so I tell myself ?

montechie

Hi,

What mattresses are you using (anyone else - feel free to chime in with your mattress suggestions)?

We're also using Exped Megamats, but 2 singles. Our double sleeping bag (Big Agnes) has pad sleeves that hold them in place. They are foam+inflatable and about 3" inflated. They are carryovers from our previous truck bed setup and when we tent camp with our Wrangler but work well in a variety of temps. (10F-80F so far).

montechie

Love the setup, that looks great! I'm doing more of the "keep the truck bed utilitarian", but am planning on a similar back shelf like you have for your fridge. Do you think the shelves (right-side in picture) are sturdy enough to act as a step for an adult?

ITTOG

Juni4Esh.jpg

HOLt5Hsh.jpg

Le8UIfxh.jpg

zxgr2SJh.jpg

Ush72k8h.jpg

Nice build. What is the width of the aisle and if you had to do it over, what width would you use?

Juni4Esh.jpg

HOLt5Hsh.jpg

Le8UIfxh.jpg

zxgr2SJh.jpg

Ush72k8h.jpg

This is an awesome build. Nice work! Did you do a detailed build thread anywhere? Would love to see some photos of the inside of the cabinets to see how they are framed and attached. I plan to do something very similar.

Impressive work!

jagarcia89

Juni4Esh.jpg

This looks great. I've used 8020 for roof racks and stuff, but hope to use it for cabinetry on this build, but I can never tell in photos how the wood is fastened to the extrusion?

Can you share any info or photos on how you attached it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior