OVRLND CAMPERS ONLY : Post your OVRLND Camper build here or a link to your build thread to inspire others!

Spencer for Hire

dstefan

My camper has held up incredibly well over the nearly 2.5 years and lots of use that I've had it, but the Arizona sun (and elsewhere) is brutal over time. The only thing I've noticed so far is a bit of cracking of the gaskets around the window/door latches, no leakage though. Partly my fault, as I missed those in my initial treatment with 303 for UV protection. The Maxxair fan, the PV cable gland in the roof and the roof seams seem like a longer term concern for sun damage.

So, last year I got a custom cover from Adco/Covercraft to go with the Covercraft pick-up truck cover I already had. Adco seems to be the RV side of Covercraft. Just put it on today for the first time as we were using the camper enough last summer that it didn't seem worth the effort to put it on and off a bunch. I'll be taking it right back off for a trip soon, but had to try it for fit. Maybe 10 to 15 mins to put on, and guessing a little longer to take off and stow.

It took a long time to make, but they nailed it. It's Sunbrella fabric and the quality of the whole thing seems exceptional and a lot better than the off the shelf pick-up cover from Covercraft I'm using on the truck cab.

I can provide more details/contact info if anyone is interested -- the custom guy at Adco was great to work with. FWIW, they keep a library of their custom work and now that they have the dimensions for mine, should make it easier/quicker. I'd bet a cover made to these same dimensions would fit any Ovrlnd camper on a 6.5' full size bed, but the dimensions can be adjusted. IIRC, the cost was around $380 but that was the fall of '21 when I ordered it. Took 'em 6 months at the height of the pandemic and supply/labor shortages.

1681593621592.png
The straps across the back are the only two showing, but there's 7 total -- two under the cabover (which also has a HD elastic edge in the front underneath), two in front of the rear wheels and behind the rear wheels plus the two in the back. All the attachment points for the straps are reinforced with heavy canvas/vinyl and have grommet holes as well, and the straps are quick connect buckles.
1681593690035.png
There's two zippers up the sides in the back with straps and velcro to roll it up on the roof to allow easy rear door access with the cover on.
1681594145343.png

aaaslayer

The ceiling has the ceiling liner from OVRLND. The lighting is just a few 12v puck lights installed in a piece of plywood attached to the ceiling ribs with nutserts and machine screws similar to OVRLND's push bars.

Would you be able to tell us a bit more on how their in house headliner attaches? Any sag? Sag on the corners or middle? They didn't offer that as an option when I got my camper. I had asked Jay recently if they can ship them and he said yes. Tried to get more info on the install process and he said he'd make a video for those that want to add it to their camper, but that was months ago. I know they're busy, so I figured I'd ask here. Thanks for any pics or info you can provide.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
After seeing the Instagram post about www.OverlandFoam.com, I contacted Jay/Maggie a few weeks back and placed a custom order for a 3" pad, and they delivered yesterday. Jay was kind enough to let me borrow a 2" version for a SB trip. Since I have the 10" height, I went w a bit thicker, and am now set for summer fly fishing adventures!

Fergie

Expedition Leader
As an illustration of why these campers are so great....this last weekend, the fiancee and I crewed an aid station about 20 miles offroad for the Cocodona 250. We had the gear for the 2 of us, and 4 other people, as well as 51 5 gallon water jugs in the back of the truck Yes, they were empty, but the fact that we got everything in was fantastic!

jclewe

Just picked up my camper Tuesday 12th, spent 2 nights getting familiar with the camper. I absolutely love this thing! Couple questions for the group: Has anyone applied RV roof coating to the outside top of the roof for heat reduction? How about a futon for a mattress, any experience? I don't plan a big build-out, some minimal storage ideas that I'll share once done.
What is the interior height? I have a Colorado and am getting a camper as well. I am 6'6" so the goal is that I can stand.

ns7i

What is the interior height? I have a Colorado and am getting a camper as well. I am 6'6" so the goal is that I can stand.
Somewhere around 7'3" depending on if you have the extra bedding option. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of room to stand with the extra few inches.

KellyM

Adventurer
I just took the the white collared cowling tube that comes with it and cut it down for the the thickness of my interior insulation and screwed that in with some self tapping screws and put in some high flow dacron aquarium filter and held it in with a spring steel clip. I think I put an Amazon link to the filter material earlier in this thread.
D you have a link for the spring steel clip?

dstefan

D you have a link for the spring steel clip?
Here you go. IIRC I had to cut it down a bit to fit well. It really just holds the top and bottom, but the filter material is stiff enough for a good seal if its cut out well and just slightly oversized.

I just looked at my filter a couple weeks ago and it was pretty filthy after a year since I last cleaned it. Mostly bugs vs dust though.

KellyM

Adventurer
Here you go. IIRC I had to cut it down a bit to fit well. It really just holds the top and bottom, but the filter material is stiff enough for a good seal if its cut out well and just slightly oversized.

I just looked at my filter a couple weeks ago and it was pretty filthy after a year since I last cleaned it. Mostly bugs vs dust though.

Thanks!

ShrimpBoots

Picked up my OVRLND over Easter weekend! It's been such an upgrade from the fiberglass topper I had on before. I added a 200w solar panel to the roof with some 1515 extruded aluminum and tied it into an EcoFlow River Pro battery and a 12v fuse panel to run some lights, iceco cooler, and the maxxfan.PXL_20230528_135121016.jpgsolar.png

flydream

Anyone with an F150 bolt their camper replacing the clamps?

I'd asked Jay at install, he decided not to. I'm certainly not a pro, but looks like I could probably make it work, I'd love to get the clamps out of the living space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles