Ozark Trail "High Performance" cooler - any good?

WininUtah

Adventurer
Well, my package arrived and it's not a cooler!! I didn't open it, just went and asked to return for refund, label is printed! Pretty sad!!

toehold

Saw a 26q at the Woodmen Wally World in COS yesterday. Didn't realize what it was until I just saw the pictures in this thread. Not sure if there was more than one. Woodmen and Powers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

huachuca

Adventurer
Just saw a 73 qt in the Rocky Mount, NC Walmart. It didn't have a price sticker so I asked one of the clerks. She came over and said "Oh, that's one of those new expensive coolers. We've already had two stolen." She then pointed out the security cable tethering it to the display. The world we live in.

pyrate

Rollin' along
Just saw a 73 qt in the Rocky Mount, NC Walmart. It didn't have a price sticker so I asked one of the clerks. She came over and said "Oh, that's one of those new expensive coolers. We've already had two stolen." She then pointed out the security cable tethering it to the display. The world we live in.
I'd be scared to see who the person was that smuggled that thing out of the store. :Wow1:

Airmapper

Inactive Member
My 26q just arrived. It looks like the photo fortunately. Size seems perfect, I don't think I'll need one bigger than that for a while, and I'll probably go for a fridge before a larger cooler.

One thing I'll say, it ain't going to come open on it's own that's for sure. Maybe those latches soften up a little over time.....but I still think I'll store it with them unlatched so they last longer.

Yeah when I asked about them at my local Walmart the clerk said something to the same effect, said stuff like that "walks off" most of the time.

Robert Bills

Explorer
I think I'd be best to call the Walmart.com customer service and explain what happened so they can notate it on the account.

Good luck with that. My experience on the telephone with Walmart.com "customer no service" after they messed up my order was maddening to say the least.

It will go this way -

"We're sorry. We will credit your account, which can take up to 10 business days. No, we have no idea when or if your item will ever be in stock again. No one at Walmart has that information. You will need to check walmart.com every day to check availability. No, there is nothing we can do to ensure that we don't mess up your order again. Have a nice day."

perkj

Explorer
Good luck with that. My experience on the telephone with Walmart.com "customer no service" after they messed up my order was maddening to say the least.

It will go this way -

"We're sorry. We will credit your account, which can take up to 10 business days. No, we have no idea when or if your item will ever be in stock again. No one at Walmart has that information. You will need to check walmart.com every day to check availability. No, there is nothing we can do to ensure that we don't mess up your order again. Have a nice day."

My point was to avoid a situation where they receive the return and deny it because the item returned isn't what was ordered/"sent". IMO best to open and then call CS to inform them the wrong item was sent so it's notated on the account for when the return arrives

roger_monge

Found one at Walmart in Irvine , CA

After finding all the comments here.. decided to go to WM in Irvine, CA and I was surprised to find a 52 qt model. First.. the latches need to be a little too tight to seal the ice chest ... BUT.. the way they attach to the plastic posts will definitely shred them apart over time (even the cooler on display was starting to show wear marks). Most coolers in this class do not require that level of tightness from their latches, the lids themselves seem to be heavy enough to at least "close" without having to use the latches every time to insure a tight seal. Cooler feels solid, no bubbles, heavy (maybe a little too much) and sturdy as most roto-molded coolers are, specially when comparing them to traditional coolers.
Gripes: No latch points. Handles do feel a little short (just like other posts), where you could catch your fingers/knuckles when lifting it when loaded. Latches are a little too tight. Latches do get attached to lid with a plastic piece and two screws.. plastic piece could probably break over time or if hit hard enough or simply pulling the latches a little too hard. A little heavy even for a roto-molded cooler.
Pros: Built-in bottle opener is bonus. Drain seems like a great design (smaller cap for water hose, or unscrew the whole thing for faster draining). Wire rack is included. Price.

Ricer_X_01

Observer
The handles are removable and any standard 1" nylon webbing or lashing straps will work to secure it down. As for the latches being difficult... I struggled at first as well, but after doing it multiple times there is a technique to it and becomes much easier.

Last edited:

screwball48

Explorer
Walmart in Cornelia Ga (zip 30531) had both the 52q and 73q in stock this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles