Paco

zippymon

Heres my winter ski rig, 68 avion bolted onto a 98 FG flatbed, 90 gallons of fuel, custom aluminum box, truck without Avion will be for sale in March due to extremely large ferry increases

haven

Expedition Leader
inspiration

So this is where Doug Hackney got the inspiration for his camper!

Seriously, congratulations to a pioneer! You've been living the life the rest of us have been talking about! Tell us more about how well this setup worked. Did you work at a ski area and live in the parking lot? Or drive between areas, following the new snowfall?

Chip Haven

zippymon

Thanks for the nice feedback, the truck gets alot of thumbs up from the powderpig crowd. I use it in the winter traveling between Mt. Baker (local hill) to Rogers Pass and Nelson. I have it registered as my Nexus vehicle so the US/ Canadian border crossings are pretty painless.
The rig has 153,000 miles on it, always maintained. Has new tires up front, pto, I also have the original 12 ft Morgan dry van box that came with it. The previous owner had made a camper out of the box, I've used it for storage and put the flatbed on instead. The camper is bolted on via the hydraulic/electric lift system with U bolts and lots of grade 8 bolts. Very burley flatbed with lots of tie downs.
I'm looking to get $13 thousand for the FG with pictured storage box, I'm holding onto the Avion. I'm taking off for a couple of weeks to Rogers Pass and will list it upon my return.

Gold Boy

Adventurer
zippymon said:
Heres my winter ski rig, 68 avion bolted onto a 98 FG flatbed, 90 gallons of fuel, custom aluminum box, truck without Avion will be for sale in March due to extremely large ferry increases

saw you and your rig..... at the boarder yesterday....

i was in my buddy's land cruiser.... anyway, nice rig :smiley_drive:

zippymon

the border

Yup, spent abit of time at the border both ways. Dipped the tanks, tore into the back, etc,etc... Life goes on and so did I, lot easier on a motorcycle though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior