Pajero Mk1 Tourer build-up

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
Bit more work done, I installed soem new 4" speakers in the front, since the old ones sucked ***. these are a lot better, no photos though.

The speakers in my Monty suck & need replacing bad but every time I think about buying new ones something more important pops up.

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
Camp setup, got a new stove, along with a lantern. our campsite is almsot complete.
campsetup.jpg

Running the lights while cooking:
lighting.jpg

lighting2.jpg

Looking good! Nice kitchen setup.

Cruisn

Adventurer
The speakers in my Monty suck & need replacing bad but every time I think about buying new ones something more important pops up.

Tell me about it, the other speakers were flopping around behind the dash for the last 10000km's LOL.

then I seen a set on sale for 30 bucks and couldnt say no.

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
I have to turn the bass all the way to -5 on my radio so my speakers don't pop & rattle. LOL!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Lookin

Looking nice although IMHO you would have been better served with 5.25" speakers in the door panels versus the tiny OE front speakers. Been there. Done that. Got the tshirt. :ylsmoke:

Cruisn

Adventurer
or... I can keep the doors 100% wire free. LOL this is a travelling wagon, not to concerned about loud music.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Who said anything about loud music? I just want it above the drone of the mud terrains on washboard trails.:ylsmoke:

Cruisn

Adventurer
washboard? australia has no washboard... LOL.

these speakers can drown it out though. there not to bad. and after sinking it, I figure keeping all the wires above the bottom of the dash is a good start.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Thanks,

a little update:

hood and lower silver panels are now black. black pin stripe and have ordered a black set of wagon stickers.

most issues have been sorted. all new ball joints and bushes and bearing installed on the front end

I have tyres that should arrive thursday, 33x10.5 bfg all terrains
rolling on n 15x8 black sunnies in a -22 offset. pictures friday with all the new gear installed...

Cruisn

Adventurer
hey, updated photos:

Alrighty, I figure I am far enough in to this build for a before and after photo:

Before:
trucksmall.jpg

okay-face.jpg
okay-face.jpg

After:
pajeroposesmall.jpg

5353awwwyeah.jpg

roaming knome

Observer
I have been watching this thread some time now and seeing all of the modifications and travels that you have been doing. I must say that I am impressed with both you and your Pajero! Your Pajero is indeed one of my favorite Pajero/Montero. Great work too!
The gen 1 Pajero/Montero is still my favorite of them all. I have a gen 1 Montero w/ V6-auto that I want to convert to Diesel as well, and your vehicle is a great example of what I want to do.
Keep up the great work and travels! I will be following this thread.

Cruisn

Adventurer
I have been watching this thread some time now and seeing all of the modifications and travels that you have been doing. I must say that I am impressed with both you and your Pajero! Your Pajero is indeed one of my favorite Pajero/Montero. Great work too!
The gen 1 Pajero/Montero is still my favorite of them all. I have a gen 1 Montero w/ V6-auto that I want to convert to Diesel as well, and your vehicle is a great example of what I want to do.
Keep up the great work and travels! I will be following this thread.

Thanks, the diesel swap was quite straight forward. since the engine wiring harness with the v6 is completly seperate form the lights and starter circut. keeps wiring to a minimum. and all the bolts line up to. except the tranny support, you need the 5 speed support.

I finally got photobucket to work up here at camp as uplaod speeds are... well... horrible.

making the msot of the 33's
all hail the Pajero salute:
pajeroclimbsmall.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles