• C'Mon...hop in and lets travel 786 miles down the Missouri river

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • A Big Bend Tale

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • 6 Days in South Western BC

Votes: 92 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cooper tires are HORRENDOUS, got to say it. The Portal is getting a lot of Newbie wheelers in trouble. Even had someone with 6(yes they brought two spares) BRAND NEW last summer and they were all gone after 2 Days on Sierras trails, thrown away at the end of 10 days! And I have seen this numerous times. Not sure what the sponsorship is all about, but these are not tires to take off-road.
Your experience is quite different from mine, and that of many others around here.

Cooper tires are HORRENDOUS, got to say it. The Portal is getting a lot of Newbie wheelers in trouble. Even had someone with 6(yes they brought two spares) BRAND NEW last summer and they were all gone after 2 Days on Sierras trails, thrown away at the end of 10 days! And I have seen this numerous times. Not sure what the sponsorship is all about, but these are not tires to take off-road.
I wonder if he got a bad batch or something. I know that the original STT had a great reputation in the Land Cruiser world. They only complaint that I heard was they wore a little faster than some of the other tires in their class. I think the rubber compound was a tad softer which gave great results on the trail for a little longevity sacrifice, but I never heard anything as bad as your guy's experience.

Smitty

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've been running Coopers for years and never had a trail failure or complaint.
Never had the STT-Pro though.
STT, S/T, and ST-Maxx have all been great.