(Philly) 2006 Nissan Xterra OFF ROAD 6-spd manual

Blaise

DEPOSIT TAKEN, PENDING SALE.

Up for sale here is *the* best combination of factory options for the Xterra. This '06 model has the ‘off road' package which is identical to the later PRO-4X offerings by Nissan. This got you:

-Bilstein Shocks (now replaced with higher-spec 5100 bilsteins)
-Skid Plates
-Clutchless start switch
-Dana44 rear with e-locker <- the big item
-3.69 gearing
-NO SIDE AIR BAGS! You don't want side airbags for your Xterra, they're known to go off in tippy situations off road.

As I stated in the title, this is a SIX SPEED MANUAL car!! This is why the large Dana44 axle is standard. The early vehicles had spider gear issues in this diff so the entire unit was replaced at the dealership around 130k miles with a brand new item. Other upgrades:

-Rear Sway bar removed (but included - don't put it back on, trust me)
-2&#8221; lift: 5100 Bilsteins with adjustable perch in front, Add-A-Leaf in rear
-Rock Sliders
-Matching longer Bilstein 5100 shocks for rear
-33&#8221; (285/75/16) Goodyear Duratracs. So awesome. I'd buy these again.
-Hella 500 Driving lights with dual relays and 100W bulbs
-Added 2nd tow hook on front
-D link tow hitch receiver
-Super high-end Image Dynamics component speakers wired into proper amplifier with 8&#8221; aftermarket subwoofer in factory enclosure (under driver seat). Touchscreen Pioneer headunit with backup camera for parking. Bluetooth streaming/usb/microphone/etc.
-Modified relay to disable ABS, ABLS, and VDC. Stock relay included.
-48&#8221; Hi-lift jack under rear seat. Never used.

And maybe the most important part of all: This is a west-coast car. Despite the PA tag and location, I bought this car in Seattle and then tagged it in PA while I drove 25k miles throughout the western US and through Alaska. This car has NOT seen salt and the underside is PRISTINE.

Service history:

-First owner maintained the truck at the dealer since new until 135k miles when I purchased it. All records available: larry miller Nissan in colorado and campbell Nissan in seattle. Timing chain guides were replaced by dealer.
-I feel like this doesn't even need to be said, but the oil has been changed regularly. Full synth since I've owned it.
-At 150k, I took the car across the country (to Alaska and back) for a 25k total trip. For this, the following were replaced:
Air Filter, Front Axle Oil, Rear Axle Oil, Transmission Oil, Transfer case Oil. Windshield was also replaced with new OE unit. Spark plugs were also replaced, as were the rear shocks with new Bilsteins.
-At 175k (end of trip), the clutch and alternator were also replaced. The clutch was original - both the original owner and I took excellent care of it. At this time the coolant and transfer case oil was also changed (necessary for clutch change). Both the clutch and flywheel are OEM LUK units. Alternator bearings were fine (car has never been driven in deep mud or water), but voltage regulator was cooked.
-Cabin filter just replaced, MAF just cleaned.
-Brand new PA inspection stickers

As you can see, this Xterra has been driven well and maintained well. I would have ZERO qualms with jumping back into it and heading back to Alaska tomorrow.

DEPOSIT TAKEN, PENDING SALE - This it the 'friend' price, if you want to haggle just pretend its $7900 and we can 'negotiate' down to $7000 :p

Last edited:

Blaise

Wish I was closer to this - looks like a good deal. What's the current mileage?

176k and counting. If you're serious, you're always welcome to fly n drive. I'm not far from PHL airport. Truck burns no oil and since the clutch and timing chain guides (and diff) have been done I wouldn't expect less than another 150k out of the drivetrain.

I guess I should have mentioned this, but I'm only selling as I'll be in Philly for at least 2 years so there's not much adventuring to do - and parking SUCKS when you have more than one car in the city (the constant shuffle).

Last edited:

Blaise

Alright, one last bump. Not exactly upset to keep it, after all there's nothing wrong with it :)
Cheers!

AutoXSS

Adventurer
I pm'd him a few days ago. Probably doesn't get on here too often.

Anyone know him on a different forum?

Blaise

Sorry guys! I need to set up email notifications on this thread. Responding to all PMs now.

Edit: fixed settings, now get instant email notifications for both PMs and this thread. Sorry for the late replies.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles