Pic Request: Ford E150 33" on stock 15" wheels?

KYC

Adventurer
Anyone running these or can link a pic?

Trying to wrap my head around how it would look like on stock wheels.

Jsweezy

Explorer
33" won't fit on an e150 without some serious and I mean serious trimming.

265/75/16 is what I run with e350 springs on my e150 and I only had to cut a small corner of the front bumper plastic off so it wouldnt hit it turning.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Ford Econoline Baja Grocery Getter 6" suspension lift kit

If you running a 15" wheel you have a pre 08 van which is gong to be really hard to get 33" tires with the fenders and bumper still on it. Then you are going to need to find a E rated tire in a 15" wheel in a 33" prob not going to happen.
Jaweezy has a 08 and newer van? that is really a 250/350 8 lug so it already sits higher then the earlier models.
How about a pic of stock wheels and tires on a 6" lift.

I dont have any pics of what your asking for but here is how much we had to trim this bumper to run 33" tires and it has our 6" Baja Grocery Getter lift kit.

Good luck on your project, let us know if you need parts.

KYC

Adventurer
If you running a 15" wheel you have a pre 08 van which is gong to be really hard to get 33" tires with the fenders and bumper still on it. Then you are going to need to find a E rated tire in a 15" wheel in a 33" prob not going to happen.
Jaweezy has a 08 and newer van? that is really a 250/350 8 lug so it already sits higher then the earlier models.
How about a pic of stock wheels and tires on a 6" lift.

I dont have any pics of what your asking for but here is how much we had to trim this bumper to run 33" tires and it has our 6" Baja Grocery Getter lift kit.

Good luck on your project, let us know if you need parts.

I was actually going to give you guys a call when I get everything sorted out.

I'm running 31 Grabber AT2s right now.

Was thinking about your 4" Ocotillo lift and using 33s.

Is 31 the max tire size you would recommend for the 4" lift?

Is moving to a 16" 5 lug wheel feasible/safe?

Also, how much more weight does your 4" lift add over the stock suspension?

Last edited:

Raul

Adventurer
Is moving to a 16" 5 lug wheel feasible/safe?
As long as you have the same 5 holes on 5.5" you could use any other rim size (check back-space). This was my e-150 on Moog 880 springs and HD rear leaves. 265/70/17 wheels

DSC_85693ed.jpg

Raul

Adventurer
How many inches of lift did the springs net you?

May be a couple over the worn out springs. It should be 1 or 1.5” over a spring in decent shape. I was able to correct the camber with adjustable cams. Alignment is the may issue with lifting to the point that you need something like the Weldtec kit.

KYC

Adventurer
May be a couple over the worn out springs. It should be 1 or 1.5” over a spring in decent shape. I was able to correct the camber with adjustable cams. Alignment is the may issue with lifting to the point that you need something like the Weldtec kit.

Damn, it seems like a 33" would fit very nicely with a 4" lift then.

Stitebunny

Adventurer
FROADER,

Did your van start as an E350?
Could you measure from the center of your hubs straight up to the fender for me?
I’m trying to figure out how much lift my van has.

Thanks a lot if you can.

FROADER

Adventurer
It is a 350. There are guys with 250s and 350s fitting 33s with only a 2" Moog spring lift. Uhauler is one of them that I can think of off the top of my head.

I'll get those measurements when I get home from work tonight and send you a PM.

FROADER

Adventurer
33s with a 2" lift sounds like a headache.
Only if they don't fit.

I took this image from his thread, but I sold UHAULER the front springs and he's got them on, with no issues. He did trim a little, but that's easy if you want them to fit.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/169610-My-First-Van-Starburst-E350?p=2303972#post2303972

attachment.php

Last edited:

KYC

Adventurer
FROADER,

Could you measure from the center of your hubs straight up to the fender for me?
I'm trying to figure out how much lift my van has.

Thanks a lot if you can.

I just measured mine and in the back is almost 19" from center of wheel to fender and the front is 18.25~"

My van used to be a handicap van so it has drop flooring. I wonder if the conversion company did a lift because I swear it looks like I can fit 33" with trimming the bumper a little minus the rubbing during tight turns.

Does my measurement seem like a stock lift?

Here are some pics. I'm currently running 31" on stock 15" wheel.

Sorry about image size.

19"
20180104_185245.jpg

18.25"
20180104_185256.jpg

Edit: I'm so stupid. Just checked again and there is a 2" block in the rear. I just don't remember seeing one when I bought and thought this whole time I was riding stock.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles