Picked Up the New Isuzu NPS 300

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hey John,

As I said in the PM I'll try and find you some pics of the modified steps to help you out but I did find this pic. Left it large so you might be able to zoom in on the step. I know it's not the best shot but it may help for now. You can sort of get an idea what of what happens when you compare it to standard.

BTW This one's got our new shocks on and a longer travel front spring pack. We haven't done anything with the rear springs on the new model yet. They seem to work pretty good as they are when you're loaded heavy . The fronts are a different story though.

4097504521_18bc561a5a_b.jpg

Regards John.

lehel1

Adventurer
tire pressure

Speaking about the Super Singles what pressure should I be running them lightly loaded compared to fullly loaded ( fully loaded would be around 5500KG or 12100lb)

hello ozzyfishaman

nice looking truck. i recently bought a new 08 fuso fg here in the states and put singles on it as you. its under "new fuso on the way" on this site

with allterrainwarriors help, we have found a great tire pressure for these commerial type tires to be 75 psi up front, this will work well empty or loaded. the rear was a chore to figure out as i use my truck dual purpose. the magic number seems to be 95 psi which works well both empty and loaded up to 14000 lbs.

any less and the tires heat up to much with a load, and the ride is not to bad empty either.

anyhow, i am running the yokohama ty 303 instead of the toyo's which are not available here, but the rating and build on both these tires are vitually the same.

cheers lehel and laura

whatcharterboat

Quote:
is this isuzu a 4x4?
Hey Alan. Any Isuzu with an S at the end of the model prefix is a 4x4. Eg. NPS, FSS, FTS. etc. As opposed to an R for the 2wd. Google "N-series Isuzu trucks" or "F-series" if you want to be really confused like me.

Hey , The NPS 300 also comes in a crewcab. Worked on this one today. Just as a matter of interest.

4099835143_79a0d29734.jpg

engineer

Adventurer
But i've tilted a crewcab fuso?????? Just undo the rear mounts and craned it up with the little hiab. They still have all the tilt gear

whatcharterboat

But i've tilted a crewcab fuso?????? Just undo the rear mounts and craned it up with the little hiab. They still have all the tilt gear

Hey Chocko. I think Defenderbeam means being able to tilt like the single cab ...one man lift without aids. Maybe.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Why don't they make the crew cab tiltable? Could a tilt mechanism be retrofitted? I noticed our local firehouse has a big crewcab firetruck and the other day I saw it tilted as they were working on the engine. If the front hinge is there, some kind of quick release on the back mounts and a hydraulic lift would seem workable.

engineer

Adventurer
It wouldn't be hard to retro fit a Hydraulic lift off say a freightliner or Kenworth cab over. All you would have to do is Airbag the back of the cab to give a nice ride!!!
It would be easy!!

whatcharterboat

It wouldn't be hard to retro fit a Hydraulic lift off say a freightliner or Kenworth cab over. All you would have to do is Airbag the back of the cab to give a nice ride!!!
It would be easy!!

I agree. Creating a "lockdown" would be the hardest thing and here it would definitely have to be DoT approved too. The MAN crewcab at work at the moment has the same setup you're talking about. Air bags and a manual hydraulic lift.

engineer

Adventurer
I agree. Creating a "lockdown" would be the hardest thing and here it would definitely have to be DoT approved too. The MAN crewcab at work at the moment has the same setup you're talking about. Air bags and a manual hydraulic lift.

There are many to choose from, Kenworth, UD, Freightliner Fuso Isuzu etc etc.
All of which are Dotars approved for ADR. DOT have a different set of rules for some circumstances, but in my experience, most carry over.
The one that don't are things like padding etc

whatcharterboat

There are many to choose from, Kenworth, UD, Freightliner Fuso Isuzu etc etc.
All of which are Dotars approved for ADR. DOT have a different set of rules for some circumstances, but in my experience, most carry over.
The one that don't are things like padding etc
Hey Chocko, I didn't mean the lift mecahnism or the airbags would need to approved. You're right. They'd be fine. I meant the "lockdown" mechanism would probably have to be engineered. There isn't anything on the crewcab setup for this and it would be a major to adapt the FG (or NPS) single cab lockdown system to suit. You'd probably end up just bolting it back on the original rubber mounts once you lowered it every time.

Poor old Ozzyfisherman. Talk about a hijak.

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
An Update on the NPS Progress

Just a few pics of the tray that has kept me ocupied for the last couple of weeks.
Not sure what color to paint it yet (any sugestions ) and I am going to use 3mm alloy chequer plate for the top infill.

TheTrayMod.jpg

TheTray1.jpg

TheTray2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles