Picked Up the New Isuzu NPS 300

engineer

Adventurer
Hey mate, that's looking really nice.As for the colour, I'm a great fan of the Gal Dip look.
Love the twin tank set up too. And sorry for the hijack.......

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Hey mate, that's looking really nice.As for the colour, I'm a great fan of the Gal Dip look.
Love the twin tank set up too. And sorry for the hijack.......

I was thinking maybe to go with getting it Galvanized,but a bit concerned weather the heat would distort the tray to much.
I have pre drilled all the tubeing just incase I go with the gal though.

Cheers

able

Hi fishaman, If you still have your old wheels and tyres did you want to sell them?
Sorry maybe a little off subject

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Well I picked up my New Isuzu NPS 300 a couple of weeks ago so now the New Project starts

I have now finished the Flat Tray on the Isuzu and have included a few pics !
Mine013.jpg

Mine014.jpg

Mine016.jpg

This one showing the Wheel Nut Persuader
Mine022.jpg

This one showing the 3 way valve manual fuel tank changeover
Mine023.jpg

This one showing the Plug in conectors for the Camper Body, 1st Rear Camera, 2nd 50 amp 12 volt plug & the 3rd one being for clearance lights.
Mine024.jpg

On the rear I have a reversing camera mounted on top of the Tow Bar, and two 75 watt flood lights.
Mine015.jpg

Showing the 130 amp hr Deep Cycle Battery to feed the house batteries on the Camper.
Mine019.jpg

Cheers Ozzycamper

Chris Wallace

John am still watching with interest. I did visit your workshop several weeks ago and was very impressed with the work so far. I was keen to come and have another look but understand that you are busy. Now that i have found this site i can watch the development without annoying. All the best regards Chris Wallace

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
John am still watching with interest. I did visit your workshop several weeks ago and was very impressed with the work so far. I was keen to come and have another look but understand that you are busy. Now that i have found this site i can watch the development without annoying. All the best regards Chris Wallace

Hi Chris,welcome to Expo,you will find allot of info on this site,feel free to drop in to work anytime to check on progress,BTW what did you think of the Camper when you dropped in the other day with your wife ?

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Hello, just found your thread, and I thought I would drop in.
Very nice looking truck you have there. I have to agree, the lack of a 4x4 here in the USA is really rather sad. I realize that we do not have as many dirt roads as other countries, but still I am certain if they sold them in 4x4 here, people would buy them! I have seeb plenty of these in the construction industry, and more than a few times have I seen them unable to get up close to the project due to the terrain (and mud/snow).

not to mention it would make it possible for some of us dreamers out here to do what you are doing.

Also, thanks for the info on the tilt cab, I had no idea that you could not tilt the crew cab. As I have a two year old, and another on the way, I would most certainly be looking for a crew. Interesting.

Well, I have a question for you, the bed that you have on there right now, is that to be removeable? I did not see that mentioned anywhere, but the way you have it set up would seem to imply that you would take this one off and put the camper on from time to time.

Second question, it seems like you have totally covered up your fuel filler cap with this bed, I am confused, what am I missing please?

Thanks for sharing your build. I LOVE watching these things go up, I learn so much from them. (including that I do not have the patience to build it myself! haha)

Cheers
Brian

Mickldo

Adventurer
Hi ozzyfishaman

Nice build so far.

[hijack]
RE tilt crew cabs. We are building an Isuzu FRR600 crew cab at work at the moment and it has a hydraulic tilt for the cab. I wonder if it would retrofit onto the 300 series cab?
[/hijack]

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
RE tilt crew cabs. We are building an Isuzu FRR600 crew cab at work at the moment and it has a hydraulic tilt for the cab. I wonder if it would retrofit onto the 300 series cab?

Hi Mick, as you probably know Cabtilt Australia doesn't trade anymore but we just started doing our own electric cab tilts for the FGs. I'm sure they'd work well on the Ergon NPS's too. Just a thuoght. You'd only really need it if the cab was heavy with extra roof racks, mine spec roll bars, wind deflector, cab fridge, etc.

We figured electric was the way to go for a quick install especially if you don't have hydraulics on board. I suppose a hand cranked pump would be easy enough to install if you didn't. Surely that's what the big FFR has???

John

dzzz

Engine hydraulic may not make a lot of sense as the reason to lift the cab may be an engine problem. Or a hydraulic problem.

Nice build Ozy

engineer

Adventurer
Hi Mick, as you probably know Cabtilt Australia doesn't trade anymore but we just started doing our own electric cab tilts for the FGs. I'm sure they'd work well on the Ergon NPS's too. Just a thuoght. You'd only really need it if the cab was heavy with extra roof racks, mine spec roll bars, wind deflector, cab fridge, etc.

We figured electric was the way to go for a quick install especially if you don't have hydraulics on board. I suppose a hand cranked pump would be easy enough to install if you didn't. Surely that's what the big FFR has???

John

Good move, just about every Prime mover that I've worked on/driven has the electric tilt. makes life easier, especially for a crew cab FG
What a pain in the *** without it
Photo0048.jpg

Amesz00

Adventurer
Good move, just about every Prime mover that I've worked on/driven has the electric tilt. makes life easier, especially for a crew cab FG
What a pain in the *** without it
Photo0048.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool:
Man i really want that tilt cab mechanism...
How hard is it to rig up?

engineer

Adventurer
Hold on a minute, woo up there mate, Its only an
Endless chain on the Engine crane on the ceiling of the shed,
It is a big pain in the neck...
Photo0049.jpg

Sorry to drag away from the Isuzu.......

Last edited:

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Hello, just found your thread, and I thought I would drop in.

Well, I have a question for you, the bed that you have on there right now, is that to be removable? I did not see that mentioned anywhere, but the way you have it set up would seem to imply that you would take this one off and put the camper on from time to time.

Second question, it seems like you have totally covered up your fuel filler cap with this bed, I am confused, what am I missing please?

Thanks for sharing your build. I LOVE watching these things go up, I learn so much from them. (including that I do not have the patience to build it myself! haha)

Cheers
Brian

Hi Brian,The tray is designed to stay on the vehicle,and I am building a purpose built removable camper body for it like the one shown.
I built that one for a previous vehicle.

IMG_11251.jpg

Both the filler caps are accessible,

TankAccess.jpg

Cheers John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94