Picked Up the New Isuzu NPS 300

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
John it certainly looks like a great build! Thanks for answering my questions.

By the by, are you planning to take the camper off the truck when you are camping in one location for more than a night at a time? I only ask due to the look of the one shown in the photo you supplied.

What else do you plan to do with the truck, ie, when the camper is removed?

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Camper Build Update

Hi Everybody, I have started my Isuzu NPS Camper build, the difference thou is that the camper is basically a large Truck Camper and is Removable with the aid of Happijac Heavy Duty Remote Control Electric Jacks.
I have started with a 4.2mtr Long X 2.3 mtr Wide steel base that is 475 mm high, and includes the 300ltr water tank, Surburban Gas Electric HWS, LPG Gas Bottle Storage, Battery Slide, Dometic Vacuum Toilet Cassette Storage and a huge amount of Under floor Storage.
TheStart.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

6.jpg

I will update Progress and Photo's
Cheers Ozzyfishaman

Last edited:

FSH00

Thanks for sharing the pics John,That base certainly looks the part.
Fair bit of welding in that one.
How heavy do you reckon it is & what size material did you use.
Cheers,
pete.

ozzyfishaman

Adventurer
Thanks for sharing the pics John,That base certainly looks the part.
Fair bit of welding in that one.
How heavy do you reckon it is & what size material did you use.
Cheers,
pete.

Hi Pete,I used 75 x 50 x 2.5 mm for the top rails,and 50x50x2.5mm for the bottom rails, The weight with the end walls and all the underfloor components came in at 750kg,the finished weight should be about 1600kg.

Cheers John

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi John.

A tip from my younger days building offroad caravans with timber frames.

If have to run any wires in the walls, don't drill through the studs but plan your cable runs first. Where and how many wires, cable size , etc >> then mark the studs and cut channels across the the back of studs before you glue them to the inner wall skins. Then hold the wires in place with hot glue as you thread them through the slots . Makes everything super neat before you put the outer skin on too. Oh, and take pictures of the cable runs while you're at it so if you have to fasten any screws in that area after the camper is finished, you'll know if it's cool or not to do so at that location. Can save heartache later. Also reduces any chance of chaffing of the cables .........

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi John.

f have to run any wires in the walls, don't drill through the studs but plan your cable runs first. Where and how many wires, cable size , etc >> then mark the studs and cut channels across the the back of studs before you glue them to the inner wall skins. Then hold the wires in place with hot glue as you thread them through the slots . Makes everything super neat before you put the outer skin on too. Oh, and take pictures of the cable runs while you're at it so if you have to fasten any screws in that area after the camper is finished, you'll know if it's cool or not to do so at that location. Can save heartache later. Also reduces any chance of chaffing of the cables .........

John that is a great tip , thank you because i normally learn from my mistakes lol lol.
You get alot of very useful tips on this forum on how to build, fit etc etc

rickeikens

Isuzu NPS75 or NPS300

Hello everybody,

First of all, I will introduce myself. My Name is Rick and I work at a Fire fighter producer in the Netherlands. I contact earlier with "whatcharterboat"

At the moment I am busy with the engineering for 13 fire fighters. The bodybuilder (chassis) for these vehicles are Isuzu. 2 based on the Isuzu NPS75 (NPS300) crewcab and 11 based on the Isuzu FSR33.

I read a lot of interesting subjects in this topic.Therfore a few questions for you.

Our chassis are not yet in, but I expect these next week.
You where talking about the hydraulik tilt of the NPS crew. I assumed that these crewcabs were able to tilt, but now I read they don't! :( .
When the chassis are in a will post some pictures for those who are interested.

Talking about the Isuzu FSR33. These are old types of vehicles. Natural aspirated and with mechanical injection pump. (because of the technics in Sri Lanka) So old cabines (old P700).
My problem is that we need to deliver these vehicles as a crewcab. Due to a tight schedule we don't have enough time to extend the cabins by ourself. I saw a picture on this topic placed by "engineer". Can you tell me wich type of isuzu this is and send more pictures?
I know that Isuzu can deliver the crewcab as a spare part. But I have a little confidence in it. So my questions to you is: Is there somebody who can send me more information about the fsr cabin (single of crew) so I can make a decision what to do? Maybe you guys know a cab+chassis for sale? So we can prepare something for the extension?

Thanks in advance and i like to hear from you.

Rick

1Engine

Observer
Hello everybody,

I saw a picture on this topic placed by "engineer". Can you tell me wich type of isuzu this is and send more pictures?

Rick

Hi Rick,
The photos that Engineer have placed with the duel cab tilted is a Mitz Canter by the looks of it

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Nullabor.jpg

John....congratulations. Awesome looking truck....a credit to you. I bet it tows that boat pretty well too which BTW looks every bit as tough as the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94