Pics of your Ambulance. Post Up!

azsorenson

Here's mine, 2003 Horton 7.3L e450. It's been alot of fun getting it dialed in. Interior is almost stock except for the bed. Added a Snomaster fridge and a couple shelves. The cabinets are too nice and solid to think of taking them out. Road showers and Thule boxes on the roof, instant hot water heater, deleted rear ac/heat, left all the electrical as is on the inside, we only use the inverter but easier to leave everything in place. Goal zero with 200w solar for boondock power. Recently added the Wilco spare tire carrier and the Darche 270 awning(best thing I did besides the fridge)plus a custom bug screen for the back doors. Lots of work under the hood to get the 7.3 sorted out, only 75k on the odo but had misc power problems finally worked out with a new fuel tank and lines/filter system. Injectors,glowplugs,etc etc etc. Now it's solidly reliable. Heavy and slow up hills but super fun for camping. Digital gauges and monitor keep me from blowing it up on the road. I usually bring two motos, one inside and on on the hitch mounted carrier. I'm probably overweight but it can handle it. We cook outside so no stove or running water inside. The bed is foldable for travel and making room for the moto inside but once were at camp it stays in bed mode most of the time. Vinyl wrapped to look less ambulancy, all light bars removed. I kept the control board in the front, remounted on a flip up console so we can use the side floods finding camp spots at night. Backup camera wired to the digital gauge monitor wired hot so I can check on my hitch mounted moto as were driving. Only big thing left is a Ujoint 4x4 conversion. Maybe next year, big $$. It's always something, just yesterday it wouldn't start, ended up being a broken wire termination at the starter. I've got an rv hitch bolted up under the frame with a geny hitch(multiple 2" slots) to hold my spare tire carrier, step and moto hauler,removed the flip up step from the bumper to make room, it's a good setup on the back end . Awesome platform for a camper,it's going to outlast me for sure. It's called the cdabota, pronounced "couldaboughta". photos here:

ExpoMike

Just a couple months back I had this shipped out to me, a CUCV M1010 ambulance. Going to be a long term build and currently focused on going through the mechanical systems first.

0412190947_HDR.jpg

Abitibi

Explorer
Playing in Tofino, BC
177f3a06e906b33a0e179a8ab572b6e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Steve Rhodes

Here is my new project. 1998 E 450 4x4. It came from a volunteer fire department with 82,000 miles. 7.3 L turbo. It is a slow go for me as we have had a month of 100+ degrees. And, that work thing gets in the way. I have the sink mounted and a plug in AC mounted in one of the lockers. Light bars are off and all red/blue lights sprayed silver for insurance compliance. Will have approx 30 gal fresh and gray water with an instant water heater in the locker by the sink. There is a small pass through window into that locker and the water heater has a shower hose and head that will be used as an outdoor shower and accessed from inside will supply the sink (less plumbing). Changed out the florescent bulbs for LED strips and just got replacement LEDs for the overhead halogen bulbs. Waiting on a chest fridge that I ordered. Solar to come as well.

Attachments

• IMG_2139.JPG
    IMG_2139.JPG
    604.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Message_1558459532908.jpg
    Message_1558459532908.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2164.JPG
    IMG_2164.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2289.JPG
    IMG_2289.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2291.JPG
    IMG_2291.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 53

patoz

Expedition Leader
Steve, that is a nice looking rig, especially for a 1998 model and 4WD to boot!

Good luck with it, and I look forward to seeing how it develops.

Coachgeo

Explorer
Here is my new project. 1998 E 450 4x4....
looking good. On your LP bottle, how/where are you venting to outside the Ambo (vent required to be lowest possible. LP is heavier than air) is it in a compartment air tight separation from habitat space? (pretty sure that is requirement too.)

TxPt

Just getting started on my 1999 F350 type I. I’ve installed the sleeper/sofa and the vinyl flooring and back splash.

13B74AB7-E518-47F6-AC07-43DA8FC505F4.jpeg 673BCBB3-A9F5-42ED-9461-162737C6873B.jpeg

I wasn't sure where to post this, but open to moving it elsewhere. I've been creeping options to replace the Whelen 900 lights and as cool as it'd be to use their $300+ replacement LED units, that isn't in the cards (read: the wallet haha). The best option I've seen so far is Abitibi (David)'s modified loaf pan. I have been thinking about the recessed metal cabinet idea since seeing his, and drew this up Friday. I'm getting quotes in both 1/8" aluminum and 16ga steel, leaning toward the latter for cost.

93936781_2671960669599045_2975011876141793280_o.jpg

For reference, here are the lights I bought awhile back:
94027480_2671960729599039_6406395299140468736_o.jpg

Abitibi

Explorer
Another cheaper option is what I'm doing on my new ambo; simply add a small/thin light bar on each side...

But the previous one I did worked great to fill the existing recessed areas while increasing light output.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

iggi

Ian
I found some Chinese LED replacements for roughly $50 USD each. Been weighing the option of that vs a DIY option.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but open to moving it elsewhere. I've been creeping options to replace the Whelen 900 lights and as cool as it'd be to use their $300+ replacement LED units, that isn't in the cards (read: the wallet haha). The best option I've seen so far is Abitibi (David)'s modified loaf pan. I have been thinking about the recessed metal cabinet idea since seeing his, and drew this up Friday. I'm getting quotes in both 1/8" aluminum and 16ga steel, leaning toward the latter for cost.

For reference, here are the lights I bought awhile back:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior