PICS of your bike on your vehicle

Motafinga

Adventurer
My trips start from my driveway

I have to agree with Greg, I am either taking my Tacoma or the motorbike and not both. For me, it lessens the adventure somewhat. I had this conversation with my brother who drove his 35' motorhome down to see me (Oregon to Arizona) and he trailered his Harley. He swears that he loves riding the bike so why hassle with the RV? I think he would have had a much more fulfilling trip if he came down on the Harley. I also believe that it would have been cheaper, even staying in hotels along the way. That RV eats a lot of fuel and requires an RV park to stay in and they really aren't much cheaper than a motel.
Just my two cents.
Mikey

Different tools for different jobs, hauling a street bike on an RV isn't really the same as hauling a dirt bike (with full knobbies) on a 4x4 expo rig. The Harley is made for long distance touring, a dirt bike... Some folks like to stage in the woods, ride single track all day and have a base camp to come back to. Next day rinse and repeat

mexjtc

Any trouble with it?
Stress on the hitch or the rack itself?

When I looked into those racks, it said in the instructions it was not designed for off-road use since it does not use the motorcycle’s suspension.

I think it is by far the best looking and most useful rack out there. Talk about out of the way, it’s so small!

I wonder if a suspension of sorts could be built for the rack itself?

I’ve never seen one in person so please excuse my ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willywalderbeast

Master of None
Any trouble with it?
Stress on the hitch or the rack itself?

When I looked into those racks, it said in the instructions it was not designed for off-road use since it does not use the motorcycle’s suspension.

I think it is by far the best looking and most useful rack out there. Talk about out of the way, it’s so small!

I wonder if a suspension of sorts could be built for the rack itself?

I’ve never seen one in person so please excuse my ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t really see how it could be any worse then the other style racks when condsidering stress to the rack and hitch receiver. If anything I’d say it would be less stress since the bike when in the locked up position it’s closer to the vehicle then other style racks. I’m having a buddy make a custom rear bumper for my camper pictured and I will have him add two d-rings for straps as well for added piece of mind.

The same company does make a new rack that is a hybrid between their bottle jack setup and most racks that have a long channel the tires sit on.

Last edited:

dcwn.45

Observer
My KLX 250 (w 351 big bore) on the Tacoma. Just a Harbor Freight hitch hauler
I have a small trailer w/rtt, and I'm planning to extend the tongue and fab a mount using the hitch hauler.I'm hoping it can be easily switched back and forth, otherwise I will buy another one, as they are cheap enough that it's probably more expensive to build it from scratch.

IMG_0693.JPG

Here's the trailer
IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94