Weber River

P1000531_zpsb0b91b47.jpg

Middle Provo

10150713_10202845774419729_1117748115569825515_n.jpg

Strawberry

1175613_10201377101263818_1039262158_n.jpg

CDMartin

Suffering Fools
My old hunting grounds before being sentenced, I mean being transferred to Texas :eek: The northern Mosquito lagoon

boat-1.jpg

doug720

Expedition Leader
Fly fish'n the Sierra range North of Bridgeport in early August...Looks like early winter!

We had 4-6" of hail that covered the areas from Conway Summit North to the Little Walker one afternoon. The snow plows were running and the hail lasted most of the next day. This shot was taken the following morning.

Mountains have their own weather schedule...

Good times and lots of fish, with the creeks flowing well.

Doug

Attachments

• P1090720.JPG
    P1090720.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 14
  • P1090702.JPG
    P1090702.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 15

seanpistol

Explorer
This thread is a little dead, but I like it...

My favorite fishing is at the creeks within 20 minutes from my house that nobody thinks have fish in them. I never see another angler. I often go up after work and catch a dozen sub-10" brookies, cutthroat, and rainbows on my 6' 2wt in the pocket water. Most of the creek is covered by trees, but here is one of the few open sections under a bridge-

This is one of the biggest fish I've caught in this creek-

The local rivers have big browns, but usually too many people. They're more educated fish-

And the high alpine lakes have no people and a lot of small trout. This one was full of goldens-

steelheadbum

Adventurer
This thread is a little dead, but I like it...

My favorite fishing is at the creeks within 20 minutes from my house that nobody thinks have fish in them. I never see another angler. I often go up after work and catch a dozen sub-10" brookies, cutthroat, and rainbows on my 6' 2wt in the pocket water. Most of the creek is covered by trees, but here is one of the few open sections under a bridge-

This is one of the biggest fish I've caught in this creek-

The local rivers have big browns, but usually too many people. They're more educated fish-

And the high alpine lakes have no people and a lot of small trout. This one was full of goldens-

Very nice bro

JR Rodriguez "The Redneck Mexican"

stevec

Adventurer
Great pics! My favorite spots are also the small creeks and rivers around here, catching 6-8" brookies and cutts. I have a 6' 1wt that is amazingly fun to fish, as long as it isn't windy.

There are a few high lakes in WA that have been planted with goldens as well; lately I've been researching where they are and how to get to them. I've never caught a golden trout before, which is sad considering I spent much of my childhood in Bishop CA, not far from their native waters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne