Pics of your VAN! Post up!

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Lifted Another 2WD 8.1L Beast

040.jpgIMG_20171013_173611_023.jpgIMG_20171013_173435_245.jpgIMG_20171013_173309_287.jpg
Before/After Photos: I acquired a couple more 8.1L vans from one of my fleet accounts. I built this one to tow my car hauler, lifted it a couple inches, added 265/75/16 tires, alloys, hitch, tow brakes etc. I had an old set of very corroded factory GM alloys, clear coat was rotted right off with salt and mag chloride damage. I had them powder coated a black/silver hammer tone, added a black center cap and I think they look really good.

wjeeper

8.1 is such a good motor for a tow rig, buddy had one in a work truck and it did the job well. I didn't know that they made their way into the Express vans.

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
8.1L in Vans

028.jpg086.jpg
They are rare in the vans but they are out there. I love these engines, have an 02 GMC Savana 3500 van converted to 4WD with same engine, at 216K it still runs so strong... We live at 8000ft, the thin air up here sucks the power out of everything but the 8.1 doesn't seem to care, hit the pedal and it goes.

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
What method did you use to achieve this lift ? Looks good!
Depends on the van, some are milled coil spacers, some I use longer springs, longer shocks, etc then you have to deal with alignment issues which require knock outs, slotting a arms and stuff. You are limited to about 2 inches or less with the geometry involved but 1-2 inches front and back with a larger tire is a huge difference on a vehicle this big and way cheaper than spindle lifts. I love vans but hate looking like Im on my way to a church outing, a little lift and an attitude adjustment and it looks like youre going camping...

Slicky72

Adventurer
Ya those look sweet, I am rockin an awd Astro right now but when it’s toast I will be moving up to a full size . I am trying to figure out if I really need a 4x4 or if I can get by with a 2wd and a lift .

509bercler

Observer
I've got mixed feelings about the vaptor grill... got moar info?
Thanks

Decided I liked the look of the Raptor grills, so I married my billet grill and a cheap Chinese grill kit for a ranger. Something different you don't see on a van, for better or worse????

86scotty

Cynic
I really dig the grill. I think it's a good update for the aging but classic older Econoline front end. Not to complain but it would look even better with one of the never hoods with no Ford emblem on it. Nice work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz