Pics of your VAN! Post up!

bozwell13

Observer
Dude, that's cool. I don't know about $14000-cool, but cool.
They're reaching on price for sure. That whole paint job is Walmart camo color spray paint, Ive used it, lol. It looks suspect, Ill bet people keep their distance. Awhile back I had a big Dodge cargo van that said Albuquerque Police all over it, was faded, old and dirty. Where ever I went everyone steered a wide birth, wouldn't park near me, no make eye contact etc, was hilarious!

bozwell13

Observer
Speaking of post apocalyptic outback overland type rigs. I just bought this 1988 C7000 SWAT van, all aluminum rear body, interior, roof, rear doors, everything is aluminum diamond plate, has a huge onboard Honda gen set, awning, lighting on all sides. Has 13K orig miles on a Cat diesel, department said they paid $150K for it new in 1988. Its being delivered later today, I'm dying to see and play with it in person. Ill have to go through it, new fuel, fluids and put 6 new (ouch) tires on it before I can drive it. Add an RTT, bigger off road tires, gas cans, solar, winch, grill guard, gear, gear, gear! You have got to keep the kid inside alive, lol. The look on peoples faces when it rolls up on them will be priceless. Reminds me a lot of my old camo Unimog.

Last edited:

NoR32

Just bought this 7.3 barn door dirt bag of a van. I’ll be documenting my whole build. Eventually will have a 6” 4x4 and possibly pop top. You can follow on Instagram too @TheDirtVan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
The kids love the new ‘Sofa’ bed :D
My wife says it sure beats a minivan... around town it migh be a bit thirstier than a minivan, but on the highway it gets awesome mpgs.516670

Old school cool! Ive been a fleet work truck dealer for 12 years, always ignored vans completely. Until I got the van bug I didn't realize how hard it is to find good ones. I just got my hand on this one owner 91 E350 out of Utah. Super nice guy in his 70s used it for his private bicycle touring company since new, garaged (who garages an extended E350???lol) He kept it box stock, is rust free, straight, 184K, Michelin tires, new (not rebuilt, new crate!) 460 at 138K, new trans at 170K, new everything as it was needed, everything works, drives like it did in 91, you cant help but grin behind the wheel.
View attachment 513990
Looking to 4x4 it for cheap?!

Quigley donor...

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Just bought this 7.3 barn door dirt bag of a van. I’ll be documenting my whole build. Eventually will have a 6” 4x4 and possibly pop top. You can follow on Instagram too @TheDirtVan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like Yolanda when I got her!!!

Yolanda in fresh paint and just back together an hour ago!!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

JBoles

No affiliation but I did contact the guy through Facebook and it was still available this past Saturday. I couldn't work it out to go look at it so I didn't follow up.

1993 Ford E350, 7.3L with 98,000 miles for $3,200! Has a huge dork top on it with a school bus style opener on the front passenger door.

Seems too good to be true, I'm assuming the engine alone is worth $5,000. I'm I off there?

Attachments

JBoles

No affiliation but I did contact the guy through Facebook and it was still available this past Saturday. I couldn't work it out to go look at it so I didn't follow up.

1993 Ford E350, 7.3L with 98,000 miles for $3,200! Has a huge dork top on it with a school bus style opener on the front passenger door.

Seems too good to be true, I'm assuming the engine alone is worth $5,000. I'm I off there?

Sorry - wrong thread.

Lucky j

Explorer
Thia is nice

But I have to comment.

Looks like the bench seat is right above the axle. Hope this seat is very cushy, I ride in one of those for a living, and when the road is rough, the lond bench is a pain in the butt and the back from buncing and getting kicked in the bottom from a stif suspension.

Can it lay down into a bed??

The kids love the new ‘Sofa’ bed :D
View attachment 516669
View attachment 516671
My wife says it sure beats a minivan... around town it migh be a bit thirstier than a minivan, but on the highway it gets awesome mpgs.View attachment 516670

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Thia is nice

But I have to comment.

Looks like the bench seat is right above the axle. Hope this seat is very cushy, I ride in one of those for a living, and when the road is rough, the lond bench is a pain in the butt and the back from buncing and getting kicked in the bottom from a stif suspension.

Can it lay down into a bed??
For better or worse, it’s behind the rear axle. The suspension is fairly stiff... but even empty, it’s loaded (6000 lbs on rear axle). The key features are... it seats 3 adults comfortably, it has a ton of storage underneath, and with the flick of a lever flattens into a queen size bed.

If it didn’t turn into a bed, it wouldn’t be nearly as interesting.

I asked the kids if it was bumpy... they replied, “Yeah, but it’s Awesome!”. Coming from the mouth of a shy friend of my daughter... it speaks volumes. Next vacation we go on as a group, we’ll be carpooling (the kids at least) :D