Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Tstege83

Hello all. I have a small bus/van and have a question about pop tops? I found a company in the UK that will ship them here with the exchange rate looks to be about $2200-2500 depending on which one. That’s all hardware, tent, and top. Seems reasonable considering the other options and prices.

Anyway just wondering if anyone has used them or heard of them?

Here is my rig it’s 66” inside. Removed all windows and put in RV windows. Got it from a transport company was looking for a Chevy van but this was cheaper with only 60,000 miles on a 5.7.

My wife and I get winters off and want to travel in the bus with the dogs a pop top seems logical to make it better and for the dogs to get fresh air while we are surfing or biking.

Tstege83

Here are some more pictures. Plan is spray foam 2” thick in walls and ceiling then 1/4” birch plywood for walls and ceiling. The bumper is getting extended 24” to make a deck for bikes, shower, and outdoor cooking. 526253526255526255526254

Recommended books for Overlanding

999 Days Around Africa: The Road Chose Me
by Dan Grec, Dan Grec
From $19.95
Crossing the Congo: Over Land and Water in a Hard Place
by Mike Martin, Chloe Baker, Charlie Hatch-Barnwell
From $23.65

Travois

We use their shells for our roofs, no issues, often you need to trim, and we use our own frames, bed decks, etc, make sure you order the extreme canvas.

Attachments

Tstege83

We use their shells for our roofs, no issues, often you need to trim, and we use our own frames, bed decks, etc, make sure you order the extreme canvas.

Good to hear. What is your website or company? When you say you need to trim a little is that the shell to get it to match the curve of the roof? Just wondering since my bus is custom what top I should order. Do you find the front open style is better than the ones that pop all the way up? Since it’s a school I have about 13ft of roof to work with.

Travois

Good to hear. What is your website or company? When you say you need to trim a little is that the shell to get it to match the curve of the roof? Just wondering since my bus is custom what top I should order. Do you find the front open style is better than the ones that pop all the way up? Since it’s a school I have about 13ft of roof to work with.
I would order the roof for the Sprinter 144 low roof, its fairly large, wide, the roof outline should match your roof. Generally we always order the front lift, as even in the rear, we gain 2 feet. Our company is www.travois.ca but Jordan in the UK is a great guy and easy to deal with.

Tstege83

I would order the roof for the Sprinter 144 low roof, its fairly large, wide, the roof outline should match your roof. Generally we always order the front lift, as even in the rear, we gain 2 feet. Our company is www.travois.ca but Jordan in the UK is a great guy and easy to deal with.

Awesome thanks for the info I got in contact with him. Seems to be a reasonable price for a nice product. I’ll update once ordered and detail the install.

Thanks again

Recommended books for Overlanding

IMG_20190717_120739_886.jpg

Been living out of this since the beginning of the year. Finally got the lift, transfer case, and rear driveshaft installed last week. Now I just need to get the exhaust and front driveshaft made up and the 4x4 will be complete! Been a great rig so far...base is a 2006 Ford E350 Vanterra with the 5speed trans and V10 engine.

CaptainBuilt

View attachment 528326

Been living out of this since the beginning of the year. Finally got the lift, transfer case, and rear driveshaft installed last week. Now I just need to get the exhaust and front driveshaft made up and the 4x4 will be complete! Been a great rig so far...base is a 2006 Ford E350 Vanterra with the 5speed trans and V10 engine.
Nice rig. I'm not full time, yet. Waiting on the wife to kick me out.