PIGPEN 2018 forester light build and adventures

al_burpe

Observer
in my opinion it's better in almost every way . It's way more throttle responsive more low end grunt , the hill conning up to my house in the 2018 i would have to get over 40 to be able to keep it in 3rd gear in the 03 i can be in 3rd at 30 and still accelerate up the hill .
It's so much better that my better half traded off her 2017 for a 2009 and is way happier with it .
I was curious about if there was a difference in power between the two. I looked it up and HP didn't change much from 2003 to 2017 but it did get heavier.

Smileyshaun

Observer
I haven't seen any actual Dyno numbers but I would have to guess that the older style motor has more low-end torque and the newer style has a little more horsepower but it's up in the RPM band more

Smileyshaun

Observer
no idea lol , but in the 25 mpg range . the better half is getting 28 out of her 2009 . but cutting our payments by 2/3 buys a lot of fuel

Ocdfisher

If you don't mind, what kind of issues were you having with the '18? Only asking because I am thinking about picking up a '17 or '18. Wife is on her second outback in 11 years and has been pretty good.
Thanks

Smileyshaun

Observer
it had a bad trans ( shifter rattled bad in 4th grinds into 3rd sometimes ) and had a weird inconsistency with the throttle inputs and would sputter every once in awhile.

The fiance had a 2017 and it was Flawless other than every once in awhile the window would not want to roll up can a bad battery from the factory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94