Pinzgauer disc brake conversion

Mryak

Got the KlugeWerks disc Brake Conversion finished . Great quality

parts and detailed instructions. Very easy install. My brake discs are the newer

vented style. The wheels and wheel spacers came from KlugeWerks too. I think I gain 3.5” in axle width which should provide enhanced stability on hill

sides. The install took me 10 hours which included cleaning and priming the 5 new wheels, removing front two wheels , drums, pads, springs, & brake

cylinders. I had a hard time bleeding the brakes, took three attempts. Parts were received intact and on time . I cleaned an painted parts as directed. Installation of the the mounting hardware was simple. Then the Wilwood calipers got on board like in first class and new pads put in.

Tolerances are tight. Hoses provided were well thought out and fit well. Installing the proportional valve was simple (if you pay attention to the inner workings of the Static Pressure Valve). I had to separate the rear brakes static pressure valve and the little unknown inner parts and pieces went flying. Without Chris’s help I would never had a

chance in doing the reassembly correctly. Overall KlugeWerk's Disc Brake

Conversion is a great product. The new KlugeWerk's wheels are really nice

too. I only did the front brakes for now, but will get the rears done this

fall. Haven’t got much time driving with the new brakes to get them dialed in, but will soon. I would really suggest pursuing KlugeWerks products if you are interested in converting to disc brakes on your Pinzgauer.

Attachments

• 891D65F1-FF38-40EA-8CAD-7FB042DCB433.jpeg
    891D65F1-FF38-40EA-8CAD-7FB042DCB433.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
  • 752BF79D-6D26-420B-834A-D67634D1B3A3.jpeg
    752BF79D-6D26-420B-834A-D67634D1B3A3.jpeg
    996.2 KB · Views: 35

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier