Polish Hard panniers and mounts

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
In Aprilish this year I bought a F800GS and have been commuting on it for the last 6 months adding over 3000 miles to the bike

The smiles per mile are awsome on my 20 mile commute from the village to work on 60mph twisty country roads

I got the bike with a rear box and a carrier frame, and then went searching for some panniers to bring up my luggage capacity for work and play.

Bring a suit, pair of shoes computer etc etc so that I could also buzz into central Aberdeen to attend meetings.

Obviously the majors all supply panniers and have the prices to match, but here's a couple of products that may be new to you..

Pannier mounts, scews bolts, latchs, allsorts are available.......I was looking for a quick and easy method with breakaway to save a leg or the bike

and found these in germany-- G+G Mounting-Kit KLICKfix tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAji3uWQyhY

Ordered and they arrived a week later, the aluminum part mounts to the luggage rack and the plastic to the panniers

Mounting the mount to the panniers was relatively easy, measuring twice -5 times before drilling the holes.

I added silicone and the operating sitch is oring protected - to date no water entry has been seen.

They click on and off, and lock in place with an internal red knob.

They function perfectly for what I want, on and off in 20 secs for both.....depending wether its a luggage day or a thread through traffic day.

Offroading wise I don't see an issue with them, arround the world wise, not sure they'd take the pounding, but are certainly easy to pop on and off each night.

Pannier wise, I looked at both aluminum and pelican types initially heading for pelicans/ storm but pricing here in europe is high,,,,,,,,,the aluminums seemed to be expencive and beautiful or cheap and ugly.

I then found these in Poland

http://holan.pl/en/16-nomada-pro-panniers
nomada-pro-ii-panniers-.jpg

They looked good, lightweight and the cost......

uk 31 litre touratech is $ 440usd, with a lovely touratech sticker.......V's $258 for the Holan........

So being a cheap bugger sent some dollars to Poland.........expecting for them to disapear and nothing to arrive

The website and paying is not so slick, neither is the check on my order....

But 14 days ish after order a large box turned up at my door.

Inside was a pair of lovingly made aluminum panniers with secure latches locks and seals, no a scratch in sight and lines of neat welding.

The only part rivited is main body to the bottom, where the sheets overlap by 2" giving you a hard stiff band along the most commonly damaged area.

Im now 3 months ish into ownership and think my choices were fine, both products do what they say on the tin and work as expected, they seemingly attract a lot of attention too as I cruise along.

Both good products and come recomended as a cheaper alternative to the main players, just think the monies saved could pay for that nice Arai helmet you'd been lusting after !
no luggage
10295781_852230861472248_8402526741124535976_n.jpg

weekend camping with some dry bags

10338773_854200381275296_4318450148898379351_n.jpg

aaahhh lovely panniers
10537762_895274363834564_7197259834349688434_n.jpg

abruzzi

Adventurer
Holan makes some nice stuff. I don't have their panniers, but I have their crash bars on my 640 adv. how do the panniers mount?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles