Pop-Up Camper - Custom Build (scratch built) Oasis-Si

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Great suggestions... wish I could see the links/photos? Nothing showing up for me?

Baby drawer locks are a great idea.

ITTOG

Great suggestions... wish I could see the links/photos? Nothing showing up for me?

Baby drawer locks are a great idea.
If you look at the post in a web view you should be able to see the link. If not, go to Amazon and search for Vmaisi Children Proof Cupboard Drawers Latches.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

VanIsle_Greg

I’ve just scrolled through all 16 pages of this build and I’m awestruck and inspired. Beautiful work!
Wow... thanks for the compliment Jake. It's been a LONG time coming to get it to this point where it is usable, like 4 years longer than I expected. As you likely read, lots of 'life' getting in the way of projects, Just the way it goes sometimes.

VanIsle_Greg

Tickets booked for NWOR and BCOR this year, so su[er stoked to get this puppy out there. I am planning a couple of local shakedown weekends soon to test it out. It has been raining for like 2 months straight now, and cold... and I am a wimp (who does need to go get a proper sleeping bag for this weather).

Also going to hit up my friend Andreas who owns Expedition Upfitter (https://www.expeditionupfitter.ca/) and get a diesel heater installed soon.... that should be fun squeezing that in. lol @Victorian I am seeking help with this one. ;)

Was out looking at it the other day. How does it get so dirty in a covered shed??? lol

VanIsle_Greg

Hello again.
It was a beautiful sunny and warm (almost hot) weekend, first one pretty much this year! It has been raining and miserable, cold and even snowy so far, and that is not a motivating environment when you need to do most of your stuff outside. I managed to get my new exhaust system installed in between showers a week ago, and poked around on the truck a but. Ordered some new wheels too as the OEM ones make the tire sit uncomfortably close to the UCA ball joint.

On the camper front I managed to get a couple of things sorted, installed and planned. I installed a new 5# LPG tank holder that I ordered off of Amazon from Tactical Overland. SMall, simple and reasonable. I probably should have opted for the 11# holder, but that will be stored in the locker you see below... and this is really for the HW heater and the stove.

20240317_175230.jpg

This is held in place with 6 x 1/4 x 20 SS bolts and it is drilled/tapped and threaded into the 12 x 12 steel corner plate behind the outer skins. I think I can lift the camper from this tank mount. Lol Plenty of Sika in behind there and in the threads. #burly

20240317_173032.jpg

20240317_173025.jpg

I also decided that my sink was WAY too small to be useful as the only sink. Hard to even get a water bottle in there. Really I wash up outdoors and do all my cooking out there too. This is more for drinking water and face washing etc. I need to cut this hole larger, which will be a challenge with the upper cabinet only 8" away.

20240316_161036.jpg

Super sexy sink and drain from my favorite local Marine supplier, Trotac Marine here in Victoria.

20240316_161028.jpg

In other news, my little buddy Emmett got his man parts um... sorted out this weekend, so he also got some work done. Poor little dude. He is only 7 months old, and may or may not be coming with me on some adventures (wife's dog). His bucket says "Under construction". :)

20240316_141008.jpg

Next up...

- Finish sink
- FInish lower bed brackets x 2 @ table area
- Final once over on all of the corners and edges to ensure 100% sealed up
- Mount 2 x new E-Track 4' strips under each side for mounting the camper to the truck. I have 4 x single E-Track attachment points, and it is a bit restrictive as is
- Test everything
- Figure out how to fit all my camping gear in there!

Clock is ticking and I want to do some camping before I head out for some bigger trips!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne