Portable generator solutions

john61ct

Adventurer
The word "generator" used for storage, portable
powerpaks, is just a marketing scam, been used for years, Milwaukee getting into it is nothing significant.

For kits that include enough solar panels to recharge the pack in a reasonable number of hours, I'd maybe let it slide.

Maybe.

WSS

Rock Stacker
I have a question about mppt/solar/vac. My proposed system I am building will comprise of 8)12vdc-45ah lifepo4 batts, 4) 235w panels in 24vdc output, a trace 4024 4k-24v inverter and a programmable MPPT controller. What is the best configuration to get the most out of those parameters? Can I go panels-mppt-12v battery setup then 24vdc to inverter, or do I need to go 24vdc all the way through (meaning series 4 pair to make 24vdc). See, now I am lost in my own post LOL. If I get this correctly, running the 12v batts in 24v configuration will cut my AH in half, meaning 360ah (in 12v) becomes 180ah if I go 24v, is this correct and the power is essentially lost? Or is (for easy math example) does 50ah of 24v equal 100ah of 12v? Am I doolanny? probably.

john61ct

Adventurer
Start a new thread.

Give specific details, links to what you've already bought vs considered so far.

Remind me to discuss that suboptimal bank design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94