portable propane BBQ?

trae

Adventurer
I use a campchef single burner with a grill box. Breaks down to a fairly small size, cooks meat well and can boil water or fry bacon in a pan as well so it's versatile. Spent about $150 on it at Sportsman wherehouse, it's about the same price on Amazon.

Which model of campchef do you have? It seems like a pretty versatile solution. Can you post a pic of your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late here, but we have a Camp Chef camping stove which has one burner and a grill section combined. I don't see it listed on their website anymore, but makes for a great combination grilling and cooking all at once for my wife and I. No bigger than the classic Coleman stoves, has a nice padded carry case and it very quick/easy to hookup.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Weber Go Anywhere gas grill. Looks like the cheap $20 sunbeam black tabletop grills but much better quality and has the "flavorizer bars" that minimize flare ups.

I use the $20 cheap "Go Anywhere" knock-off. I keep telling myself I'll replace it when it stops working. It hasn't yet. I've swapped the side-handles for wood-and-stainless steel brackets after one of the plastic ones broke, and I've converted the top-handle to small thumbscrews so it's easy to pop the handle off and toss it inside. (Much easier to pack when it's a "box" instead of a "box with a big protrusion on top".)

I definitely can't cook a meal for a ton of people on it, but for a family of 3, it fits more than enough burgers, fish, steak, or kabobs.

obchristo

I have a couple of options depending on group size.
For smaller groups (like my family of 4) - an older Weber Go-Anywhere (pre-new-cheapo integrated flavorizer thingy) that I put a stainless steal heavy duty aftermarket flaverizer heat plate and grate on when the old ones crapped out https://www.ebay.com/itm/Go-Anywhere-Grill-WGA-Heat-plate-and-Heavy-duty-grate/142394362153

For Larger groups an older Weber Q that is equivelent to the current 2000 (maybe a 200?). They are will known to have a crap regulator that does not deal with the dinky 1lb disposables so I replaced it with a higher volume one that hooks directly to a 20lb tank and I have an adapter to hook it up to a refillable 1lb.

Both of these rock. I also take a griddle from Costco with them so I can use it to cook eggs, pancakes and such.

nhlakes

Very happy with the Q.

TAXGD85l.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior