Possible front bumper option for the tundra.

Benc

Explorer
The double cab body is 4 inches wider than the ac. I'm not sure how much wider the frame is.

Huh, I'll have to get ahold of a double cab. Are you sure it's not just the fenders and flares that are wider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtndude23

Observer
I had a 00 AC and now a 06 DC. Definitely different, but how much is hard without them side by side. Looking at pics of both on google, dc's grill comes down lower, but the earlier ac's had the bar going across the front under a shorter grill. Maybe the 03-06 AC's have the same grill as the dc's do.

mtndude23

Observer
I may just get this and figure out the slight differences to get it fitted. Whats the cost on the diy bumper kit, with no stinger or bull bar? Also I don't need any extra light holes.

Benc

Explorer
I may just get this and figure out the slight differences to get it fitted. Whats the cost on the diy bumper kit, with no stinger or bull bar? Also I don't need any extra light holes.

Should be right about $600 + the skid plate.

tyv12

Adventurer
I have a DC and my dad has an AC, width is the same, DC seems wider because of the wider flares but that would have to be accommodated but the biggest difference is the DC headlights are 3-4" higher off the frame rails, that's why the Arb bumpers don't sit right on a DC without customizing the mounts so that bumper you built would fit a DC tundra but there would be a 3-4" gap between the bumper and the bottom of the headlights

Benc

Explorer
Wow, 3-4" !

If that is the case it will not even make sense to offer one for the double cab. Than would require a major redesign and the low profile look would not be doable.
My brother in law sold his old bumper to a coworker so when we try and mount that it will tell me what I need to know. I took the drawings to the laser cutter Tuesday so I'm hoping to have a prototype in the next couple weeks.
Thanks

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
Here's the best side by side picture I've seen:

4425253581_e9d7f0f672_o.jpg

My 2005 brochure states the following widths:

AC SR5: 75.2
AC Limited: 79.3
DC SR5: 79.3
DC Limited: 79.7

I'm not sure where these widths are being measured, but I'd assume at the flares?

seanpistol

Explorer
Something to also take into consideration... Looks like you're using a Tundra without flares for the template. My truck had TRD flares, and my Brute Force Fab bumper was made for the width of flares. After I tubbed my firewall, trimmed the fenders, and removed the flares, the bumper stuck out way too far to the sides. I cut it down and welded it back together. I have photos of what it looked like before and after in my build thread.

I was under the impression that the Brute Force Fab 1st gen Tundra bumper was on both access cabs and double cabs. He definitely sent me photos of it on both, and I'd doubt he made two different bumpers.

tyv12

Adventurer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441307998.603230.jpg
Arb reference on a DC see the fitment isn't great
And IMHO build the bumpers for no flares cuz better sitting in then sticking past
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441308204.036348.jpg
This was after making custom mounts to make it fit tighter on mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior