Possible front bumper option for the tundra.

Benc

Explorer
I'm just playing the waiting game with the laser cutter now. I should hopefully get some parts next week. I'll keep you guys posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benc

Explorer
Here's a teaser pic of a tube plate hybridImageUploadedByTapatalk1445263362.331731.jpg
Sorry for the crappy pic.

Sent you a PM, but I'm ready to send a deposit for a DIY full plate kit for an 05 DC. No bull bars. Just winch capable. You say when, my money will be on the way. Great job on these!

rickashay

Explorer
Liking the Hybrid option. Might be a cool idea to cut an opening to the outside of the center section (inne most section of the "wings") to allow for aux. light mounts within the opening. The lights could bolt to the sides of the center section. Kinda like the CBI 3rd Gen 4Runner hybrid bumper does:

ditch-light-bracket4.jpg

Stoked to see more progress!

kevinrx7

Observer
I'm liking that hybrid option, what kind of price would that run ? Would this be available as a DIY kit as well ?

Benc

Explorer
Sorry it's been so long!
It's getting there though.
I have the wings pretty well dialed in, there are a few things I still need to iron out on the brackets but it's close. I should have the prototype completed with a bull bar this weekend. Here are a few pics of the wings completed. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446776672.907768.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446776695.067920.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446776715.041348.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1446776738.158158.jpg

Last edited:

Benc

Explorer
I love it. Will it require a custom front skid like mentioned earlier?

Thanks,
Yes it will require a custom skid. The stock one could have been made to fit but it doesn't look right with the high clearance bumper. I will have some more pic with bull bar later today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles