Post Pic's of your Jeep

Eugene the Jeep

Hey Everybody,

Since I was in Africa last summer, I have become more interested in overland and expedition travel instead of rocks and mud. I have a 2000 TJ Sport and have had it on trails and some rocks. I have an REBB with 31 x 10.5" AT's. I am planning on replacing those with 33 x 10.5's. I would love to see what everybody's rigs are like. I have looked at other vehicle forums here and some are posting pics. I think that the TJ is often overlooked for this type of travel due to space limitations. Thanks
Superlift02-03-07011.jpg

Here's my 2000 TJ that I've been outfitting. Keeping everything compact and accessible has been the main goal. Almost finished with the cooking setup.

Chris-NC

thehops

Observer
There are some seriously awesome builds in this thread.

Here's my unconventional choice for an expedition/overland built Jeep. I don't crawl or mud much, if at all, (though it is capable enough to do so) so the ability to cruise economically (this little diesel returns about 26 mpg highway fully loaded down for 600+ miles of range per tank) and comfortably was a huge plus for me over the JK/JL.

The front has since been lifted/leveled, with ICONs on all four corners. It's a work in progress (aren't they always?). I still need to fit sliders, front/rear protection, fabricate a bracket for my compressor, and mount my winch, but the core of the build is in place. I plan on shaking it down this summer/fall with a trip to the outer banks in NC, followed by a couple weeks out on the Trans-America Trail. Here's to hoping!

Attachments

• P5070195.jpg
    P5070195.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
  • P5070200.jpg
    P5070200.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 74

Hristo34

Just thought I'd throw up a couple pictures of a new set up I was messing with over the long weekend. Found a nice secluded spot and tested out the cover, flip down table and storage/sleeping deck I made. My wife (5'9") and I (6'1")slept well on the deck inside the Jeep, but it needs a slight adjustment as the fit is just too tight to the back seat rails. That being said, it didn't make a peep on the rocky road in, or while we slept. Once I'm happy with the fit, it will get a finish.

The flip down table worked perfect, and the tarp kept us nice and dry. I'm obviously terrible at staging, but you get the picture. I'm looking forward to the longer trips this summer!

IMG_20190521_203941.jpgIMG_20190521_214641.jpg

Lucky j

Explorer
Just thought I'd throw up a couple pictures of a new set up I was messing with over the long weekend. Found a nice secluded spot and tested out the cover, flip down table and storage/sleeping deck I made. My wife (5'9") and I (6'1")slept well on the deck inside the Jeep, but it needs a slight adjustment as the fit is just too tight to the back seat rails. That being said, it didn't make a peep on the rocky road in, or while we slept. Once I'm happy with the fit, it will get a finish.

The flip down table worked perfect, and the tarp kept us nice and dry. I'm obviously terrible at staging, but you get the picture. I'm looking forward to the longer trips this summer!

View attachment 517635View attachment 517636

Nice, an other silver LJ! :)

Lucky j

Explorer
Nice pic!
'But I think you have issues with your hitch extension. It would be a better idea to extend your trailer tongue.

Just a tought. ;)

A48Jeep

There sure are some amazing Jeeps in these pages. Here's my '98 TJ. It was stretched 15" by MCE Fenders. We installed a Gobi Stealth rack several years ago along with a RTT ad awning. My wife an I enjoy exploring in this Jeep and camping when we can. This summer I hope to transfer the tent and awning onto a trailer which can serve as a base camp while we take the Jeep on narrow, difficult trails. -S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles