Post pictures of your Land Rover.

Green96D1

Explorer
Nice! Love all that Camel Trophy gold. New 255/85s went on today!

LLxx6fs.jpg

very nice

dcarr1971

Adventurer
...Like most people I have big plans for it but I have to sort out some common issues first.
once I get it beefed up I hope to arrange some camping/trail ride events in the West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky area.

I am so jealous of the western US folks that have all the sweetest trails that anyone in the states could imagine but I hope to find some fun and scenic trails on the east coast.

Until next time...

You need to check these guys out http://greenovalguild.com/. They have a great event at The Wilds near Cambridge, OH over Father's Day weekend. It offers challenging trails for all level of modifications.

There is also Rausch Creek ORV over in North Central PA, and The Cove in Gore, VA. They aren't Moab, but both are is a great trips and a lot closer than you might think...

Colin Hughes

Explorer
We've had a few BMW's but we had a 1986 320i Eurospec, 2 door - everything including the manual were in German. That puppy was fast. I've always been sorry I sold it.

spikemd

Explorer
Sweet E30. I dropped an S52 motor with OBDI conversion in my 85 318. I also converted suspension to E36 M3 front with 318ti rear end and stuffed 225s up front with 245s in the rear with only rolling the fenders. Big engine + light chassis = fun.

e30s52_engine_top.jpg

Back to rovers....

My rangie has Bosch engine management and a few other bimmer parts which helps my tool bin.

Holland

Observer
Sweet E30. I dropped an S52 motor with OBDI conversion in my 85 318. I also converted suspension to E36 M3 front with 318ti rear end and stuffed 225s up front with 245s in the rear with only rolling the fenders. Big engine + light chassis = fun.

View attachment 154686

Back to rovers....

My rangie has Bosch engine management and a few other bimmer parts which helps my tool bin.

How bad was the wiring conversion with the old style coding plug? Mine's an 85 318 as well and I haven't gone into the swap route as of yet.

spikemd

Explorer
It wasn't too difficult, if I can remember correctly, its been 10+ years since I dropped the motor in. You need to get the correct inputs to the ECU and the correct outputs to the dash. Get the two wiring diagrams and start splicing the wires. You can't believe how many extra inputs/wires the E36 wiring loom has that aren't required to run the engine. There are always hiccups with any conversion, but overall, it wasn't too difficult. There is also a ton more information on the web about the conversions than 10 years ago. I put in an E36 tranny and did an E36 steering rack as well. The only thing left from the E30 was the chassis and dashboard.

I had CDs from Zionsville that helped immensely for the basic conversion, ODBI conversion, and steering rack conversion.

We did two cars, my 1985 and the shop owners 1988 M3. His was published in May 2007 Bimmer Magazine "Double Sixes."

LR Max

Local Oaf
Wow impressive. I helped my friend install a S52 in a E30 a couple years back. It was a pain but I think it was because he took too many shortcuts and it ended up costing more in the end.

Would've been a sweet car if he kept the interior in it and actually did decent work on it!

Drover

Adventurer
Just installed arb twin air , external ports , front locker and rear locker , and new switch , and t-case /tranny skid plate image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne