Post up your drawer/storage system

What is everyone using for coatings. I'm wanting to Bedliner my setup but not sure what to go with. I used the aerosol type on a small portion and didn't like the coverage or texture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DIY Bed liner is a great option, but some brands have more favorable qualities (for interior components) than others. The most popular bed liners in a nutshell:

Herculiner:
Pros: Inexpensive, very durable, readily available in local automotive parts stores, easy to apply.
Cons: Extremely rough, available in any color you want as long as it's black, traps dirt, surface isn't uniform, stinky while applying, not UV stable.

Rustoleum:
Pros: Same as Herculiner.
Cons: Same as Herculiner.

Monstaliner:
Pros: Smooth texture, available in many different colors, surprisingly uniform surface, won't trap dirt, UV stable.
Cons: ~$50 more expensive than Herculiner/Rustoleum, online order only, stinky while applying.

Line-X:
Pros: Highly durable uniform surface, available in multiple colors, highly professional look, increases durability of applied surface, UV stable.
Cons: Cost.

Here is a visual reference with descriptions of various bedliner products on the market.

Redman333

Adventurer
DIY Bed liner is a great option, but some brands have more favorable qualities (for interior components) than others. The most popular bed liners in a nutshell:

Herculiner:
Pros: Inexpensive, very durable, readily available in local automotive parts stores, easy to apply.
Cons: Extremely rough, available in any color you want as long as it's black, traps dirt, surface isn't uniform, stinky while applying, not UV stable.

Rustoleum:
Pros: Same as Herculiner.
Cons: Same as Herculiner.

Monstaliner:
Pros: Smooth texture, available in many different colors, surprisingly uniform surface, won't trap dirt, UV stable.
Cons: ~$50 more expensive than Herculiner/Rustoleum, online order only, stinky while applying.

Line-X:
Pros: Highly durable uniform surface, available in multiple colors, highly professional look, increases durability of applied surface, UV stable.
Cons: Cost.

Here is a visual reference with descriptions of various bedliner products on the market.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to decide between raptor liner and monsterliner. The raptor liner only because I've seen the outcome of it before from a friend spraying the inside of his Jeep. It looked like it leveled good and had texture but not so much that it'd be hard to clean. They are priced about the same also.

Before you decide on which liner request the free color samples from monstaliner. The samples are coated on heavy card stock. When I got mine the first thing I did was fold the sample in half in both directions across the same fold. I figured for sure the stuff would have cracked but it did not. It does have a nice hard finish that will resist wear but not so hard that it will crack or chip.

Redman333

Adventurer
Before you decide on which liner request the free color samples from monstaliner. The samples are coated on heavy card stock. When I got mine the first thing I did was fold the sample in half in both directions across the same fold. I figured for sure the stuff would have cracked but it did not. It does have a nice hard finish that will resist wear but not so hard that it will crack or chip.

Thanks for the tip. Ill do that.

Class3bko

What's the name of the Chinese drawers. Look like the older style arb outback. How much did they run you.

Bella

Hi,

4WD car drawer system or double drawer system.

Yes, similar, but cheaper, like USD340.00 for one whole set for FJ80, the whole set you saw from the pictures, and itself got a slide top, fridge can be put on it, very convenient.

Seems no agent of this kind of drawers in United states, that's a pity.

Redman333

Adventurer
Hi,

4WD car drawer system or double drawer system.

Yes, similar, but cheaper, like USD340.00 for one whole set for FJ80, the whole set you saw from the pictures, and itself got a slide top, fridge can be put on it, very convenient.

Seems no agent of this kind of drawers in United states, that's a pity.

Where did you find them? Have a link?

razzman1

Observer
I just finished up my drawer system--inspired by a couple of build threads here. I'm no carpenter, and I had to cut twice after measuring once a couple of times, but all in all it turned out OK.

WEK207

Lots of good inspiration in here! Hoping to have my drawers planned by spring and then start building. I think I have all the material I need in the shop, just latches, hinges, and drawer slides to pick up.

Kags1969

This is the start of my drawer. 1" tube steel and Douglas Fir. I learned to weld and do woodworking this fall and this is my attempt at building a reasonably priced drawer. I still need to build the actual drawer, but its off to a good start, imo.

Attachments

• IMG_20161223_132743.jpg
    IMG_20161223_132743.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_20161223_143422.jpg
    IMG_20161223_143422.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 245

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94