Post up your drawer/storage system

otis24

Observer
Niiiiiiice. Good things come from pocket drills...!

I gotta think of a couple small projects to build so I can practice with it before I get into the bed storage project. I want it to be pretty nice. The sleeping platform I have now is kinda poor quality. I don't want to do that again.

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Firsts step in my storage system build-bought one of these guys.

View attachment 277855

You gonna drill the holes in the front and back of the drawer(s) and then put face piece (wood) over the front of the drawer to hide the holes?

You'll probably want to put the drawer bottom inside the drawer box as opposed to under the drawer box.

Pocket_2D00_Hole-Joinery_5F00_41.jpg

otis24

Observer
You gonna drill the holes in the front and back of the drawer(s) and then put face piece (wood) over the front of the drawer to hide the holes?

You'll probably want to put the drawer bottom inside the drawer box as opposed to under the drawer box.

Pocket_2D00_Hole-Joinery_5F00_41.jpg

That's exactly what I'm planning to do. Thanks! I'm no carpenter so I still have a lot of researching and practice to do.

overhaul

lr3-storage2.jpg lr3-storage.jpg

Built from aluminum tubing. Since the pics I have carpeted the plywood. Please do not judge the welding, first time welding aluminum and second time welding :sombrero: . Based on plans from perkj

Attachments

• lr3-storage.jpg
    lr3-storage.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 180

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Built from aluminum tubing. Since the pics I have carpeted the plywood. Please do not judge the welding, first time welding aluminum and second time welding :sombrero: . Based on plans from perkj

Looks great. What plans from perkj?

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Sorry to bump an old thread, but it's fantastic! Doors, drawers, lids, cubby holes, slides, racks and bag systems!
My question is, some of these really have what might be considered "secret storage compartments" not all are obvious being covered in carpet or inside another compartment. So, how do you keep your vehicle from being impounded by the DEA and Border Patrol for having secret compartments as they can assume drug activities or even gun running? Yachts and boaters have having the same issues aboard a vessel! Anyway, great thread!!! :)

otis24

Observer
Sorry to bump an old thread, but it's fantastic! Doors, drawers, lids, cubby holes, slides, racks and bag systems!
My question is, some of these really have what might be considered "secret storage compartments" not all are obvious being covered in carpet or inside another compartment. So, how do you keep your vehicle from being impounded by the DEA and Border Patrol for having secret compartments as they can assume drug activities or even gun running? Yachts and boaters have having the same issues aboard a vessel! Anyway, great thread!!! :)

Damn, I hadn't even thought of that. I'm in the process of designing a new drawer system with a sleeping platform. I could see how someone might think some of my compartments are "secret". Maybe I'll throw some labels on saying where the compartments are?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94