Post up your van's stereo system

sixstringsteve

Explorer
are you running all 6 speakers, or just 4? I'm trying to decide if I want an amp running all 6 speakers or not. Since the back of my van will usually be full of camping gear, I don't imagine I'd hear much out of the rear speakers anyway.

Last edited:

e350vegas

Observer
I have 6...was gonna go to 8, but just too much work to build boxes. :( I ran RF amps (4ch (to sides/rears) and 2ch (to fronts)) and speakers...and now that the van in all insulated she sound pretty amazing. We spent hours trying to figure out how/where to put stuff. There is not much hiding space if you want amps and subs.

Stitebunny

Adventurer
I've been trying to figure out where to stash a 12" sub box in ours. The vans are giant so it seems like a silly thing. But when it's full of camping gear, people and dogs there isn't much room left for something that size. I would love to see some ideas for out of the way sub boxes.

digitaldelay

Explorer
I've been trying to figure out where to stash a 12" sub box in ours. The vans are giant so it seems like a silly thing. But when it's full of camping gear, people and dogs there isn't much room left for something that size. I would love to see some ideas for out of the way sub boxes.

I've seen flat, low profile loaded enclosures from both Pioneer and MTX. They look like they would fit under bench seats. I would get one, but somehow I don't think they would handle the 600w RMS I'm putting through my current 8".

Jason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

G

Gravity

Just pulled out the custom sub enclosure Lopes put in this rig when it was built out. 2 12" Kicker SoloBaric L7 subs and they took up the entire storage space beneath the RB/EB 50 rear bed. Trying to figure out a compact Sub to help out the bottom end w/o being such a space hog. Thoughts? No problem with the power as there is a substantial amp that powered the 2 12" subs. TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

refried

Adventurer
This should be interesting, I'd also like to see what people have in their vans.
Here's mine, JVC head unit with a Kenwood EQ, And two Alpine amps I bought in '81 or '82 (40 and 60 watt?). For speakers I have 6" Infinity's in the doors (powered by the JVC), and ADS 300's and Boston Acoustics CR6's in the rear. I'll eventually put a subwoofer behind the drivers seat, under the bench/bed.

P8280303.jpg~original

Last edited:

REDOVAL

Adventurer
Just pulled out the custom sub enclosure Lopes put in this rig when it was built out. 2 12" Kicker SoloBaric L7 subs and they took up the entire storage space beneath the RB/EB 50 rear bed. Trying to figure out a compact Sub to help out the bottom end w/o being such a space hog. Thoughts? No problem with the power as there is a substantial amp that powered the 2 12" subs. TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Check out the Sundown Audio SD-2/3 line of subs...they require very little sealed air space and sound awesome. Many of the Sundown woofers sound and perform better than larger units from other companies. I had an 8" SA series unit in my previous van and it performed on par with most of the 12" woofers available. Unfortunately the SA series performs best in a largish vented box. I will definitely be going with the SD when I work out what the rest of the system.

http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/sd-3-series.html

Scott

martell06

Observer
Don't have any pics but I have an 8" bass tube and love it. Easy to set up, doesn't take up much room behind the drivers seat. Won't rattle the windows but provides plenty of low end.

Only two speakers up front right now. I found a cheap Bose speaker and ran some wiring so I can point it out the side door or back door for tunes when I'm camping or hanging out somewhere.

Bought the van with a junk older Sony head unit. I'm in the market for a Bluetooth unit that's easier to use.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
I'm considering ditching the head unit altogether and running a Bluetooth receiver straight into an amp. Then I can use a tablet like a nexus 8 as a head unit of sorts. Google maps, trimble maps, email, Pandora, Netflix, you name it.

thuelmcnagen

I'm looking to replace my current van system with something a bit more modern. Thinking a new head unit, 2 front door speakers, 8" sub, and amp to power it all. Does anyone have specific products they'd recommend to build a system or specs I should be looking for used? Hoping to keep it under $500 total, but really looking for recommendations that pack the most value.

philos

Explorer
I'm looking to replace my current van system with something a bit more modern. Thinking a new head unit, 2 front door speakers, 8" sub, and amp to power it all. Does anyone have specific products they'd recommend to build a system or specs I should be looking for used? Hoping to keep it under $500 total, but really looking for recommendations that pack the most value.

Amazon is your friend here....
I have a pioneer AVH2600BT I paid $250 for, plus $20 for a backup camera.
I have 5x7 pioneer speakers that came with the van and fit in the factory spots well.
$50 for a used Alpine amp on CL; this will power my subs.
No subs yet, so I'll be buying a couple of these 6" Pyles on amazon that are only $15 each (not after window rattling bass) soonish.
http://smile.amazon.com/Pyle-PLPW6D...d=1443921297&sr=8-1&keywords=6+inch+subwoofer

That's well under $500....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94