Post Your Montero SPORT Pics!

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
Found some a place to offroad finally, it was mostly all mud but I was happy I was atleast offroad!
d3bbd72bfd409dd7a0812548c8eceef1.jpg

That lower black part is all mud!
I picked up a dupli color bed armour kit though, so it will be blacked out with Kevlar bed liner up to the door handles. Originally I was just going to paint on fender flares and the lower two tone half but looking at where I get the majority of pin stripes( up to the door handles ) I decided to paint the entire lower half on both sides for protection. It won't look the nicest but it will server it's purpose of protection.

b9d0c2e07c97663ddc93ad97288d0b9b.jpg

f6020d4fbf23b15a101ba7af7bd8021a.jpg

398439b43cd4c867f46648b318d05b20.jpg

23048a112855e59c72aac26f8fe0f620.jpg

Also painted the wheels with wheel paint. Horrible time, next time I'm plasti dipping!
b53ff10016ce1ec068fc6d49fcef62ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
Nice, I wish I had that model...I got the last one they made but it's nothin special at all

Last edited:

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
Finished, wish I could of gotten to the lift gate. it looks a but off doesn't it not having the lift gate match? It got too cold too fast..oh well. 3 to 4 coats of dupli color bed armor. It's chunkyyy

0339f3814741d3f4365b326af2fae1b3.jpg

mires

Adventurer
Finished, wish I could of gotten to the lift gate. it looks a but off doesn't it not having the lift gate match? It got too cold too fast..oh well. 3 to 4 coats of dupli color bed armor. It's chunkyyy

Are you going to go ahead and do the liftgate? I do think it would look better done. How much do your tires stick out past the fenders with the flares removed? Any pics of that?

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
The lift gate? I think so too, and that's what most people are saying. It just keeps snowing and has been too cold :/ so I'll have to do it this spring. But yeah, I'm planning on doing too.

I am also debating on doing the hood, I get some glare from the hood that I would like to decrease. Originally I was goin to plasti dip the hood, but I think it will look better with bead liner so it's more of a flow and all matches.

I haven't checked how much the wheels come out of the wheel wells, but I will take pictures when it stops snowing and measurements for you. They are 235/85R16 Goodyear Duratracs.

Euthanist

New guy here. Just got rid of my old 91 Accord and bought myself an 02 Montero Sport this weekend. I've always wanted one of these since I was a teenager. Getting alot of ideas and inspiration from what you guys have done to yours. Can't wait to start getting mine set up.
5x8y0z.jpg

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
Twins! I like you side mirrors more though
PHONE 2 014.jpg
These days mine looks totally different...that's what I get for taking a stock rig on black diamond trails. The first thing I broke was the rear bumper and reflector. I was coming off a steep hill and it dragged(before I had my hitch). Then I had a run in with a tree and a couple boulders and smashed off my fender flares :L Then slid down a muddy hill into a tree and smashed my right Nerf bar, i'm lucky it was there though so the tree smashed it and not my door.

I would definitely caution hat you do some upgrades before you go wheeling on any extreme trails. A good set of ires will work wonders, bu a suspension lift is always needed to clear things. The only true Lift would be bigger tires, you can fit 31" all terrains or mud terrains without changing anything. If you want 33s I would look into suspension lifts. Look into Old Man Emu(what I have, also what most of us have) or I have always wanted to try out Iron Man.

I'll be totally jealous if you got the Hybrid LSD in that rear Dif. Open differentials suck!

PS

A good set of rock sliders can save you from a lot of side body damage.

Attachments

• PHONE 2 024.jpg
    PHONE 2 024.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Euthanist

For now, I'm just gonna go with 31" tires. My fiance has the same size tires on her truck... (31x10.5R15).
459312_3765581456887_933288947_o.jpg

Not a whole lot of places around here to do alot of trail runs or anything like that. I'm sure there probably a few places here in MA but, I haven't been living here long enough to know anything about that. But yeah, I'm most likely gonna get some Nitto Trail Grapplers. Doubt I'll need anything much more aggressive than that for out here. Thanks for the suggestions, I cant wait to start having fun with this baby.

Here's the tires I'm looking at, as well as a few other options.
23tmqgk.png

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
Pretty sweet rig! My brother had a green -door blazer with bfg Ko's and its was awesome! I bet, in Washington I could drive 10 min. and be off roading. Its not like that here in Missouri :L Kinda wish I would have stayed in the pacific north west.

Those tires looks sweet! You shouldnt have any problems fitting them, I have always had All terrains myself. Always had Goodyear Duratracs. My first set were 265/75/R16 and then I switched to a more skinny tire, 235/85/R16 Goodyear Duratracs. I like the having skinnier tires more since I removed my fender flares as they barely stick out from under the wheel wells. The 265/75/R16's stuck out about an inch with the fender flares attached, I wonder how far they would be sticking out now :/

Tell us how those ride if you get them? My Goodyear Duratracs ride silent as ever and not nearly as rough as people think they would.

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
Greetings! Heres a short video I made while out scouting for fishing spots.
I shot it with an IPhone 4 on top of a 5 gal. fuel can and I did the editing with Microsoft Movie Maker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior