Post your tents

tennismark

Heres my little 2 day set up. This is up in the High Country in Victoria. The tent is a Coleman 6 man tent, super fast and easy to erect...love it

RRCamel

Hello, I am writing from Tenerife, Spain. This is the camp that when we assemble a group of friends, our stores are brands such as Quechua or some large supermarkets own brands, which also go wrong and to protect the area where we put the tables and utensils we use a parachute .

View attachment 187210 acampada 2.jpg acampada 3.jpg

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
my cousin moved to Tenerife quite a few years ago :)
married a local gal he keeps telling me its a lot like the Hawaiian islands used to be 40 years ago when we were kids super nice really low crime and lots to do if you are a outside type
hoping to one day get out that way and visit his home there :)

Honu

lost on the mainland
sounds like a great place :) while no place is perfect I like quiet and mellow over anything just being able to be outdoors etc..
Surely crime indexes are low and quiet lives, as we say around here, this is like a small town.:coffee:

RRCamel

sounds like a great place :) while no place is perfect I like quiet and mellow over anything just being able to be outdoors etc..

The difference is that you are free to go places like Moab, Rubicon, etc. here ....... laws forbid us circulate Mount June to October, it is forbidden to camp on the beach (this time we have been at a campsite), practically for driving on the mountain roads the vehicle has to be in series, from the moment you have installed winch and MT tires have banned driving on these roads .......... . We have some very restrictive laws.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I guess that is the no place is perfect :) and not heard that side of things kinda a bummer for sure :(
my cousin does not do any off roading he is more a road guy !

one of the things I love about Maui is you can camp quite a few places on the beach to up on parts of Haleakala but some places are not allowed ? moving to the mainland and seems some places are closing etc.. and more and more our gov is trying to shut us out of places mainly cause of special interest groups

I spent a year living in Honduras back in the 90s and spent some time in Copan and sounds like that place has even changed about access :( sign of the times sadly

kinda sounds like a world wide problem :) ahhaha sadly laughing of course :)

RRCamel

Are you saying that you can't drive some places just because you have a winch?!

The last thing I have is that not allowed to travel on forest tracks if I have fitted a winch and tires than road or mixed, from the moment you put MT tires and winch could not travel on forest roads and the use of winch only allowed in case of real emergency rescue. If only I had mounted tires with a tread depth of 10 mm and 15 mm would have to get a permit that lasts a year and accessible only at most 150 vehicles. Many times when we meet friends and talk about how the videos of USA, Australia, etc ....... feel a little envious, to see the possibilities that are out there and how limited we are, apart from you almost feel like a criminal for having a 4x4 .....

RRCamel

I guess that is the no place is perfect :) and not heard that side of things kinda a bummer for sure :(
my cousin does not do any off roading he is more a road guy !

one of the things I love about Maui is you can camp quite a few places on the beach to up on parts of Haleakala but some places are not allowed ? moving to the mainland and seems some places are closing etc.. and more and more our gov is trying to shut us out of places mainly cause of special interest groups

I spent a year living in Honduras back in the 90s and spent some time in Copan and sounds like that place has even changed about access :( sign of the times sadly

kinda sounds like a world wide problem :) ahhaha sadly laughing of course :)

Unfortunately the damage that may have to do a bunch of crazy people who have dedicated themselves to move out of the forest tracks which have led went for a walk with the family and enjoy the nature we are the most affected by these laws. Here it is easier to prohibit regular basis.

By the way, I speak very little English so one a translator, so forgive any errors that may exist.

Shagaroo

SE Expedition Society
Heres my little 2 day set up. This is up in the High Country in Victoria. The tent is a Coleman 6 man tent, super fast and easy to erect...love it

You could make a fair business out of selling and shipping those rainflys to Americans. People in the UK as well. Never understood why they won't sell those in the states.

Xrunner

Explorer
You could make a fair business out of selling and shipping those rainflys to Americans. People in the UK as well. Never understood why they won't sell those in the states.

I looked at having one sent over and IIRC the dimensions were different enough the rainfly didn't fit the US version of the tent well. That might have changed though?

Shagaroo

SE Expedition Society
I looked at having one sent over and IIRC the dimensions were different enough the rainfly didn't fit the US version of the tent well. That might have changed though?

Wouldn't surprise me. Just assumed they were same size.

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Many times when we meet friends and talk about how the videos of USA, Australia, etc ....... feel a little envious, to see the possibilities that are out there and how limited we are,
I've met people out here in Oz that have shipped their 4x4 out from Europe just so they can do some 4 wheeling.

We have movements here that are trying to close off areas and movements that are trying to have them left open. Overall I think it's fair to say that the "close" guys are winning but then it's only recently that the "open" guys have got organised I think. We just had a guy run for the senate on a "keep the bush open" platform, he didn't get in but as I say the movement is only just becoming organised whereas the "greens" have been a force for decades.

So while you can't just "do what you like" here it is pretty free.

you almost feel like a criminal for having a 4x4
In some places (ie the cities :)) I think it's the same here. There was even a push to ban bull bars a couple of years ago, obviously by people who never leave the city and don't know what it's like to hit an animal on the highway. Then they said "well don't have them in the city", so what do you do, unbolt the thing and put it in the back until you get through town...dickheads.

But that's the cities and I almost never enter them. In the country it's the other way around, you show me someone not driving a large 4x4 with a bull bar and I'll show you someone visiting from the city...well almost. The most inconspicuous vehicle is a white 70-series LC, they are everywhere, if you robbed a bank and the getaway vehicle is a white 70-series you would be lost in the crowd within a 100 metres :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles