Post your tents

Lionix1

Has anyone used a rtt in a downpour or when it rains for several days. Will it stay dry inside. One spot I go it often rains. We are there for 7 to 9 days and sometimes it rains every day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Been in a downpour, but not for a few days. Just overnight and when we woke up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
And the results were dry or wet inside the tent.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Dry in the tent, closed it up wet, opened it up 2 days later, still dry.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

concretejungle

Adventurer
Having owned one for over a year and many outings with it, I can tell you that it's an overpriced, pooly designed piece of crap. I can't even get rid of it for half of what I paid, since people can just buy a brand new one from other manufacturers for that much and get more.

But, this is a post-your-tent thread, so I'm gonna post my tent.

Wow, really?!!! Could you tell us more please? Very curious

kdeleon

Observer
The few times i actually use the annex. Tuff Stuff Brand, happy camper. It has been thru a lot of action and has sheltered our family to a lot of cool/cold remote sites.
dad10b1ba6f0eda35af17e04c9988dd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ldo

Wow, really?!!! Could you tell us more please? Very curious
Regarding the JB Nomad 160:
1. The vertical support legs are poorly placed and awkward to deploy. They take away valuable space inside the annex room, and the whole thing is a major tripping hazard. Unless you have a wingspan of 6ft or more, you can't push on the retaining pins on both legs at once to deploy or retract them, forcing you to do one side at a time. Setup time is longer than other tents. If you're on uneven or rocky ground, good luck getting both sides of the support to stay even.
2. Exposed hardware where the mattress folds in and out torn up the mattress just after a few outings.
3. Requires 2 people to fold the tent up properly or timely.
4. Costly. I paid almost $3000 for the tent plus the annex room. That's hardshell tent price range there, and doesnt even come with a USB charging port...lol.
5. The $600 annex, yes, $600, doesn't come with a floor, just 3 sides. All the interior space is taken up by the support stand described above. All I got now is a very expensive ladder cover
6. Speaking of ladder, it's an accident waiting to happen. It's held on by plastic hooks, which have slipped off on us a few times when on soft ground.
7. Lots of zippers around windows, but where it matters most, bottom of main entrance, we have velcro. Why?

Those are just a few things off the top of my head. Basically, I think a lot of things on the Nomad 160 are afterthoughts, or just workarounds for a poor design. It looks different than everything else out there, but not innovative by any means.

I went with this tent because many friends convinced me to go with James Baroud for their reputation and quality, and I have failed to recognize those with this tent.

concretejungle

Adventurer
OK good real world info. Thanks for that.

Kind of sad because i hoped they would be a new leader in the fold-over tents.

I will say that i've had my JB space evo for about 5 years now. The fiberglass is really starting to look old and cracking. I was told it's just in the gel coat and not to worry about it. I also had to re-glue the black trim on several times as it's come loose. Lastly, the mosquito netting is too wide and allows biting gnats and no-see-ums in. I wish it was about 4 inches longer and easier to close..... but, other than that i've slept in it many, many nights very comfortable and stayed dry in some serious storms. So i still would have to give 4 out of 5 stars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne