Postponed.... The sequel to the Maya Rally 2012 -> The 2013 Alaska Rally!

bernardbarbour

Observer
:)

LOL
Be great to have you come this way. When you get back to planning look us up. Us 'locals' can line you up with everything from mild to wild.

To all the 'windshield time' whiners, suck it up. We drove ( not ferried, sorry Ed ;-)) from Wasilla, in November, to the Maya Rally :)))

chromisdesigns

Adventurer
@cody1771 --

A couple years ago, we did Prince Rupert to Port Hardy ferry by car on the way back from a road trip to northwest Canada. Then the short ferry from the island to Victoria, and home to SF.

Lovely ferry ride, as you say.

I did some more looking, and it appears Seattle to Haines is quite a bit cheaper than going all the way to Anchorage, so maybe that's what we will do at least one-way on our trip next year. We will definitely drive one direction, though -- we love that section of Canada and have been there several times.

keane

Observer
I followed the Maya rally and it looked like a blast. But it was a bit to far for me to travel at the time. Then I Saw the start up for the Alaska rally wich got me excited, as it was a bit closer for me to attend. So I've been folloing this thread for updates. Sorry to hear that it being posponed, but probably the best for me as i have a new member of my family due in early April. Looking forward to seeing what you have come up with for 2014.

Also I just saw about 2 hours ago an awsome looking I think VW van with a maya rally decal on it, on a trailer behind a white pickup. You where heading north, out of Prince george, BC. Who ever you are, nice van. And if your coming through PG and have some time to kill. Would like to meet you for a coffee or beer.

kbeefy

Adventurer
keane, that was my van, being hauled by a friend of mine to Alaska. I'm meeting up with it in Alaska in may, and will be driving back south after memorial day. Would be happy to share a pitcher and some stories

Cody1771

Explorer
you know what would be an epic rally? running the Back road discovery routes from california to the Canada border

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Sorry everyone, as I mentioned we have to postpone. Not enough time for me to work on this right now.

Benbacher

Observer
Can locals come too? I'm building my expo rig this summer, so next summer I should be ready to rock and roll. I like hanging out in our big backyard up here :)

aws140

Observer
My pups and I are heading to AK from GA in a few weeks. If anyone wants to meet up, send smoke signals, or hit me up, either way works.

bchris964

Hi Christian P, of course it isn't a bad planning for the rally, i have not any time to join or plan this years because dramatically this years is considered so much tiring and busy for me. i hope next year, i may plan...Christian P. you keep it up...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94