Power Wagon: Video, Pictures and Love

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
So what is new with the 2010 Powerwagon? I heard the 2010's 2500/3500 trucks got an upgraded from axle with 1550 sized steering joints! They also have the updated steering linkage from the 2008+?

What rear axle do they have now? Rear suspension?

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
The running gear on the '10 and up Power Wagon is the same as the '09 3rd Gen trucks.

Rear axle is still the leaf sprung 10.5" AAM w/ helical limited slip and e-locker.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I'm pretty sure the 2010 dodge 2500 and 3500 got a new set of knuckles with a larger u-joint. Instead of being 1485 sized ( but AAM ) it is now 1550 ( but AAM ) size. From some rough measurements the knuckle is now about an inch taller.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Here is a old video when I first got my truck, before 35's and rock bars.
Where'd you get your rock bars?
I'm looking for sliders/rails for my 2011 and haven't found too many companies that make things stouter than cosmetic pieces.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Where'd you get your rock bars?
I'm looking for sliders/rails for my 2011 and haven't found too many companies that make things stouter than cosmetic pieces.

I have the Official Mopar Rock Bars, which from what I've heard are made from a very special metal called "Unobtainium".

And ya I agree with Mr. Brady, you may want to check out the Aluminess stuff, thay are awesome.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Oh I found a "Winch Cam video I messed around with doing a few years ago. It was experimental but still cool IMHO . I like the sounds.. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzrWdlb5Hw4"]YouTube - AVI 0023[/ame]

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I pinged Aluminess on their website and am waiting a response regarding pricing and install difficulty.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I heard back from Aluminess; the sliders bolt to the body, not the frame.
Not sure I like that, especially when I can find frame-mounted for less money.

Any other slider suggestions?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I heard back from Aluminess; the sliders bolt to the body, not the frame.
Not sure I like that, especially when I can find frame-mounted for less money.

Any other slider suggestions?
Yeah,I saw them firsthand at the factory. Dodge doesn't recommend drilling nor welding on the hydroformed frame.

A wraparound bracket that clamped firmly around the frame with the slider attached to it might work.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Yeah,I saw them firsthand at the factory. Dodge doesn't recommend drilling nor welding on the hydroformed frame.

A wraparound bracket that clamped firmly around the frame with the slider attached to it might work.

FYI, the Dodge factory Power Wagon rock rails require drilling the frame a whole bunch - 24 holes as I recall. If you can find a set of factory rails, they will not void any portion of the warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier