Practical barbecue grill solutions?

Porkchopexpress

Hi, just curious if anyone ever used the nomad? Any good?

thanks
I have the nomad but I have only used it a few times using lump charcoal. I can say the build quality is great, the portability in shape and ability to basically close up the mess inside a suitcase is great. The problem I had is the airflow with the lid closed is not great. Basically you should get the charcoal going pretty good before closing it or just use it as an open fire. I suspect the special charcoal Nomad sells can burn hotter and better with the lid closed.

HitchFire

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
We've got a solution! Meet the HitchFire F-20, a 20,000 BTU Dual Burner Grill that mounts directly to your trailer hitch and ready to grill wherever your vehicle can take you. Check it out at HitchFire.com

8O0A5557.jpg

Montucky

Director of Post Ride Beverages
We use of these. Absolutely brilliant. Easy set up, super compact for transport. Put it in the dishwasher to clean. https://skotti-grill.eu

This this looks like what I’ve been searching for. Did you order the lid/cap for it also?

concretejungle

Adventurer
I have a snow peak folding fire pit/grill. I have really enjoyed it and it's become a social event in the evening... start a fire, sip on a few beverages while the coals get hot and then cook.
IMG_6922.JPG

Last edited:

TwinStick

Explorer
We have the "All American Grill" from the Made in America store, right here in Western Ny. All stainless steel. It will last for generations.

Reactions: WVI

ChasingOurTrunks

This this looks like what I’ve been searching for. Did you order the lid/cap for it also?

From the Expo Homepage just the other day:

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
From the Expo Homepage just the other day:

I bought one of these with the lid and I freaking love it! Isobutane or charcoal. Packs flat. Case is convertible into a fire blanket. Rad little piece of engineering. Best of all I ordered a few days before a sale and the USA distributer sent me the little square pots to even up the deal. I'll be using it in the truck camper, as a fire pit and on the river. You can get a converter for the 1lb propane tanks or bulk tanks. Thick stainless gauge. Really neat unit! Definitely get the lid for wind and BAKING. That's right you can bake in it. We've made pizza, biscuits, steaks, veggies etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne