Press Release: Mobil1 launches new global ad campaign with Expeditions West

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
very cool guys. You are awesome .... Congrats.

I've been using Mobil 1 for over 20 years, swore by it after living in -40 and having my little car start up every morning with no worries and no external heating. It's been my only oil ever since.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I also would like to see the data.

Ursidae69 said:
Has Mobile released any of the results from the analyses they ran on the oil? I'd be curious to see what they saw compared to a normal cycle. I have used Mobile 1 synthetic from almost day one in my Tacoma, it is reassuring to see just how well it performed. :bowdown:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Very cool.

Well done to the 3 amigos!
:luxhello:

tacozona said:
It was great getting to see a sneak peek at some of this on the Trophy event -- but even better now to see it officially released!

I caugh that too, the Trophy video will be great I can tell!
:wings:

haven

Expedition Leader
3 issues

Nice job. Kudos to Pasquale for matching the music to the pogo of the truck suspension in several places.

Three criticisms: First, I thought the cuts editing at the start of the Peel River piece was too fast. When you have a clip with text in it (a roadsign, for example), you don't want to cut so fast that people can't read it. Focusing and unfocusing the eyes imparts a dizzy feeling.

Second, the audio quality at the start of the Technical Driving piece has too much reverb. It sounds like Scott is talking inside a phone booth. The other three pieces don't suffer from this.

Third, showing Scott tear up sandy two-tracks in the Adventure Driving piece will bring criticism about a lack of environmental sensitivity. That's the kind of attention Mobil and Expeditions West probably don't want.

Chip Haven

Scott Brady

Founder
haven said:
Third, showing Scott tear up sandy two-tracks in the Adventure Driving piece will bring criticism about a lack of environmental sensitivity.

Thanks for the feedback Chip, however, it is sand, not compacted or other scarable surface. Sand is EXACTLY where you can have some fun "Tearing" it up... The next night of wind or water flow errases all evidence of the fun :) which is specifically why we chose that environment for the higher speed footage. ;)

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
Sand is EXACTLY where you can have some fun "Tearing" it up...
Not to be directed at you Scott, I would only add to that comment to be sure that sand is not part of a beach dune system. I only say that because I've ran across some coastal areas where there have been issues with dune erosion cause by humans .

Scott Brady

Founder
Absolutely, and many times of the year driving on a beach in Baja can cause issues too, with fowl and turtles (and other fauna). It must be an area where OPEN OHV travel and speeds are permitted, which is why we used the Imperial sand dunes and an open OHV area for the "high speed" stuff :)

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
haven said:
Nice job. Kudos to Pasquale for matching the music to the pogo of the truck suspension in several places. Chip Haven

Thank you for taking the time to really watch the podcasts and offer your opinion.

haven said:
Three criticisms: First, I thought the cuts editing at the start of the Peel River piece was too fast. When you have a clip with text in it (a roadsign, for example), you don't want to cut so fast that people can't read it. Focusing and unfocusing the eyes imparts a dizzy feeling. Chip Haven

The idea is to enjoy the excitement, to read simply pause the podcast. The cuts were slowed down to half the speed I actually wanted it to be. These podcasts are teasers not informative movies. It's an edgy fast paced art piece.

haven said:
Second, the audio quality at the start of the Technical Driving piece has too much reverb. It sounds like Scott is talking inside a phone booth. The other three pieces don't suffer from this.Chip Haven

Good ear. Yep its a bummer, nothing we could do... it was captured in an open room, with no sound treatment, on the fly. Deadlines came and time ran out...

haven said:
Third, showing Scott tear up sandy two-tracks in the Adventure Driving piece will bring criticism about a lack of environmental sensitivity. That's the kind of attention Mobil and Expeditions West probably don't want.Chip Haven

Good point Chip, lets hope not. And Exxon/Mobil would have not accepted the piece if they did not want the attention. The maneuver was done properly by a professional, in the right locations (as Scott mentioned.) We could have added a disclaimer. We will take this in to consideration for future work.

As with any work for hire, its your clients that you want to please. Exxon/Mobil wanted something very edgy, high energy and real.

We overcame all the obstacles, spend the time, energy and resources to capture something interesting, and delivered the goods. ;)

Arivalsend

Adventurer
Very cool guys congrads. I saw some the pictures of the trip and I was even more stoked by the video. Very good work and what a hell of an adventure! My hat is off to you three.:jumping:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior