Price reduced!: 2016 Toyota Tacoma Long Bed with Vagabond Outdoors Drifter Camper

1HaytchZed

I wouldn't worry to much about the weight, it's looks like it's been properly built out. We've got 85,000 miles on our semi-permanently mounted camper with it weighing 700 lbs more. We've had basically no problems despite living in it full-time

I would beg to differ.
Physics cares about weight, there's no way around it.
Plus if it is involved in a crash or loss of life, the insurance company will not be held liable arising from a vehicle built over the GVWR, not to mention it can become very suitable to lawsuits by the other party which could snowball fairly quickly.

Leighsjor

I would beg to differ.
Physics cares about weight, there's no way around it.
Plus if it is involved in a crash or loss of life, the insurance company will not be held liable arising from a vehicle built over the GVWR, not to mention it can become very suitable to lawsuits by the other party which could snowball fairly quickly.
I honestly agree with both of you! @tacototheworld is pointing out that when built properly with suspension upgrades etc these trucks can function just fine while being overweight. As I’ve mentioned before MOST overland built Tacomas are overweight. But I also agree with you as far as liability there is some risk to be had there. ??‍♂️

1HaytchZed

I honestly agree with both of you! @tacototheworld is pointing out that when built properly with suspension upgrades etc these trucks can function just fine while being overweight. As I’ve mentioned before MOST overland built Tacomas are overweight. But I also agree with you as far as liability there is some risk to be had there. ??‍♂️

I'm not questioning the build quality, functionality and safety is fine I'm sure, its just the litigious society we operate under isn't very keen on looking at the build specs, but rather the body stamps. If there was a way to re-inspect the built vehicles based on type of builds and aftermarket build company, it would make sense, but then that would also require the aftermarket to jump through various hoops to override those factory specs. Maybe the DOT and NHTSA would get involved and that is not fun.

Leighsjor

Okay everyone I’ve decided to transfer the camper over to my new truck and keep it a little longer. So this truck is for sale by itself now if anyone is interested!

Leighsjor

For anyone that may be interested. I've taken the camper off the truck and added the diamondback cover to it. Here's photos. The new asking price is $33,000 obo. Need to sell soon so hit me with your best shot!

Attachments

• IMG_9874.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9879.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9880.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9882.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9884.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9885.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9887.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9891.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9895.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9897.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48

whathefarkas

I've been keeping my eye on this and i'm surprised to see it still hasn't sold... Is there any chance you'd choose to sell it with the camper again?

Leighsjor

I've been keeping my eye on this and i'm surprised to see it still hasn't sold... Is there any chance you'd choose to sell it with the camper again?
I suppose anything is possible. If the right offer came along and I still have both I’d put the camper back on, but currently it’s on my new truck. Are you interested?

whathefarkas

I suppose anything is possible. If the right offer came along and I still have both I’d put the camper back on, but currently it’s on my new truck. Are you interested?
I am interested. I've been taking my time identifying a new rig, but this has certainly stayed high on my list. Do you have a dropbox link to more photos of the truck and camper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles