Production AEV Brute

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Word is that the AEV Brute is going to be a "production" vehicle - not a Jeep, but an AEV based on the TJ tooling. I'm not clear on what differs from the previous "Brute" conversion, but if this new setup can drive down costs and increase availability, then its a good plan. I'm excited to see where it goes.

SEMA_06-IMG_4739.jpg

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
It seem to me that Jeep takes in many of AEV's ideas and runs with them. AEV was the first company to provide a long wheel base Jeep, I think it was 109 or 110, and then 4 years later Jeep comes out with the Unlimited. The brute has been around for what... 4-5 years now, and Jeep is going to produce them too? Hmmmm. I hope AEV is making bank off of selling their conversions idea's to Jeep.

ZooJunkie

Explorer
That raised roof is for people who like to drive around w/ helmets.

by the way....that's a lovely truck!! Where do I need to sign?

kcowyo

ExPo Original
That's a great, albeit likely costly, alternative to the Gladiator. Especially since Jeep ******tcanned the Gladiator idea.

I think the raised roof is to offer more headroom for people like goodtimes and gear, who like to launch their rigs up and over sand dunes :elkgrin:

LUISJG

Explorer
Well , may they be legal issues? copyright etc. its will look like a jeep, so
i dont thing chrysler going to welcome that.

chet

island Explorer
AEV is very closely tied into Jeep so I'm sure they have all that worked out.

That raised roof is cool!

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
As an update, I've read that the Brute conversion will be available in kit form. The kit is supposedly going to be what is "in production", and the consumer must already have a TJ. Although less kewl, this makes a little more sense.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
That would be great! although shipping the hemi would get a little $ but then again I bet the whole kit if $

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz