• Hate it?

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Can't quite get ya head around it...

Votes: 42 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

350outrage

Adventurer
Man, I would just forget 6wd! What would you need it for? You're not going to be rock crawling in that monster, and I bet 4wd will be more than adequate for any conditions you'll be likely to encounter. Don't make a big job bigger. Just fix the functional issues, cherry the cosmetics, and have fun with it!

Keyblazer

Adventurer
What ever happened to the beast?

Hi Wanderer,
Still have her, and in fact got her up and running a few months back for a storage move.
Changed all the fluids and filters, fresh fuel, and drove her 50 miles to a new location without drama.
Still turning heads on the street, with lots a horn beeping and thumbs ups, and questions at lights.
Just trying to clear a couple of projects and sell a couple of vehicles before I can get started on it...

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Nothing I can find for now, I was in get her done mode, as I was loosing my storage spots.
I put a fresh battery on, and after checking the engine was free, pulled the plugs and gave a squirt of MMO in each cylinder.
It had been 3 years I think.
Left that for a few days, and after changing the engine oil and filter, trans oil, and filter, and fuel filters.
After adding fresh fuel(I had drained and also put stabilizer in) I spun her over.
First issue I had was the mech fuel pump was toast, and leaking out of the weep hole. Replaced a few rubber hoses too.
Changed that, and then it was the FPR O rings leaking... fixed that and she fired up on the 2nd crank.
Tires were checked, and brakes tested.

The drive to the new storage was uneventfull mechanically as I hoped.
Next time I am out there I will take some fresh pics!

Keyblazer

Adventurer
Sorry for the delay in responding... hadn't logged on for a while and the password evaded me!

Nope, just waiting.
Busy with life and other projects...
My GF is trying to get me to let her go... but I dont want to!

MaxSpeed

I wouldn't have found Expo if I hadn't come across a picture of this truck years back and wanted to know more about it. I might not have bought a van if not for what I've seen here. That 6x6 changed my life : )

Keyblazer

Adventurer
I know!
Well, I'm working on the K10 first... and themn may well let that go, so I can get BigB in my sights!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior