Project "Snow White" 4x4 Baja Ambulance build

Msand

Adventurer
fullsizeoutput_476.jpeg Hello, this is my first build thread I've done, so hopefully you all like it.

CRAZY AWESOME BUILD STARTS ON PAGE

UPDATE: Build is close to being completed, fast track to page 30 to see a more complete expo camper

The vehicle I purchased for project Snow White, is a 1995.5 Ford e350 MiniMod Ambulance. It has 68,000 Miles on the newer 7.3L turbo diesel engine, with 256k on the ODO. It is currently outfitted with a full UJOR 8" lift and 4x4 package, riding on 40" XZR military tires. Has had a full engine, and transmission rebuild

11/6/17- Driving the vehicle back from NC
This is the current schedule for exterior upgrades:
11/6/17- Line X underbody, wheel wells, and the roof of the box
11/8/17- Full paint solar reflective in the color "snow white" if desired i can get the color code for everyone

View attachment 424218

Last edited:
"Blank check" project...like it.

Cool rig, look forward to seeing the build...how long will the trip be (duration of time)?

Msand

Adventurer
Thanks! The trip will be in the 1 to 5+ year-ish range. Depending on how everything goes, and if I decide to ship the vehicle to other countries. Like New Zealand, and Australia

Msand

Adventurer
BTW ill sell the 42" Tires with rims for $2200.. If anyone is interested, they have less than 500 miles on them, and the spare hasn't been touched

I just switched from 37x13.50R18 to 38x13.50R18 Toyo MTs. Only 3/4" larger diameter, but an increase of 225# load capacity to 3750#.

Msand

Adventurer
I've personally never used Toys MT's before. Do they wear pretty fast under heavier load, or is it pretty stagnant for vehicles weighing 7k-11k lbs

Msand

Adventurer
Ive also noticed with the 42" tires, my speedometer is off by 10mph, and after calculating the circumference rotation, my ODO is reading 0.08% less distance traveled, so milage is slightly greater than the ODO shows

My Toyos have been the best lasting and riding and balanced tires I've tried. I've tried a few other brands and always went back to the Toyos.

I am running HMMV 37" take offs on my 4x4 Ambo for now. Will do some research on the 38 Toyo's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Msand

Adventurer
the interior height is about 5'6", you can add another inch by taking the laminate board and pre-installed lights out though..

Msand

Adventurer
Ill be uploading more pictures today 11/8/17, the Line X-ed roof came out great, and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a bomb proof roof.