Project White Girl

DailyExpedition

Sounds like you've done a good bit of mechanical work on it.
Could you tell me the brand / model of the grill guard? It seems to fit much more closely than others I've seen.

eta - I'm leaning towards an Aries 4043 for my '02 Sub, but I don't think it fits so closely...

I know it’s a Manik grill guard but not sure on the model number. I bought it from a guy that said it came off of a truck like mine, I just made sure it had the correct bottom bracket, and I made the two bumper brackets. If you’re buying one new you may be in better shape, it should fit a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DailyExpedition

Finally got around to replacing my u joints, well the front shaft anyway, ended up screwing up the needle bearings on one and had to use one of the u joints for my rear shaft so gotta do that one next week when the new u joint gets here, Also did my front diff pinion seal and finally put my transfer case skid plate back on. Pretty productive day especially with a cold beer in my hand...

DailyExpedition

Did some preliminary fab work for an easily removable and inexpensive barn door mounted Jerry can mount, got it mostly done, a few tweaks here and there and I’ll be ready to do some Berliner on it to finish it out. I’ll take some pics tomorrow

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking truck Daily. It looks like you have added some good upgrades for wheeling and expedition. It should be interesting to see how that German bedliner (berliner) works out. Keep us posred with lots of pics. Cheers, Chilli..:cool:

DailyExpedition

Nice looking truck Daily. It looks like you have added some good upgrades for wheeling and expedition. It should be interesting to see how that German bedliner (berliner) works out. Keep us posred with lots of pics. Cheers, Chilli..:cool:

Thanks man, yea I’ve probably doubled the amount I’ve spent on her. Stupid spell check, it was supposed to be bedliner, lol

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thanks man, yea I’ve probably doubled the amount I’ve spent on her. Stupid spell check, it was supposed to be bedliner, lol

Thats all good mate. I was just pulling your chain anyways. Let see some pics of the finished results. Cheers, Chilli...:cool:

DailyExpedition

Here is the finished product, well 99% finished. I can’t finish it until I get another bumper. The whole premise behind this design was to minimize the amount of weight the door would actually have to support. That being said, it was designed for 99.9% of the weight to be supported by the bumper, and the other .1% is for the door to support the vertical stability while the door is shut, but also to hold the Jerry can firmly while it’s open. There was very little modification done to the door, and nothing that when taken off would suggest that there is anything different about this rig from stock (except for a 12” piece of angle iron at the bottom of the door). Doesn’t bother me though, I’ll never sell it.
72f413a1a586c95cf8dbeecc22920fd2.jpg
930680e078b753431cea678ec2b81434.jpg
206dde7e1d5a764983cd747a474e80fe.jpg

DailyExpedition

a5a519fcfb0ad259157c431a2d79ecfd.jpg

This is the other aspect that supports it when the door is open. On the right is the bottom lip of the door with a piece of angle iron on the outside, one on the inside of the door, and one that is attached to the Jerry can mount that sits on top of the other
2b77fc7cfc7d8dd5ae7fbc60b84afe3b.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Handy little jerry can support Mr Expedition. Do you have the ability to lock the can in place? I like what you wrote, `I will never sell it´ Thats the additude; keep your truck for life. I could not agree with you more. Cheers, Chilli...:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior